Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

• 08-08-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

f0ef84101bf0f04eb7b79cb485c393c7.png

Winner
    Manchester City 13/5
    Manchester United 18/5
    Chelsea 13/2
    Arsenal 13/2
    Liverpool 9/1
    Tottenham 10/1
    Leicester 33/1
    BAR 80/1+

Top Scorer
    Sergio Aguero 7/2
    Harry Kane 7/1
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 9/1
    Romelu Lukaku 14/1
    Jamie Vardy 18/1
    Diego Costa 20/1
    Michy Batshuayi 22/1
    Daniel Sturridge 25/1
    Alexis Sanchez 25/1
    Olivier Giroud 28/1
    BAR 33/1+

Relegation
    Hull 8/11
    Burnley 1/1
    Middlesbrough 9/4
    Watford 23/10
    Sunderland 13/5
    Swansea and Bournemouth 7/2
    Crystal Palace 13/2
    Stoke 11/1
    BAR 14/1+

Who Will Win The Premier League? 142 votes

Manchester City
    0%
    Manchester United
    28%
    Corben Dallasthe whole year innjesus_thats_greKingp35Ronan Raver77Mr.Nice GuymicksVundergrounddavyccJPA5starpoolredzerdrogdfx-razorbluntDamien360adaminhoDvBmurpho999callaway92SEPT 23 1989 40 votes
    Chelsea
    42%
    TacTTippexSandKaleldavehey79Shaque attackroboUnearthlyjoe316A Dub in Glasgo[Deleted User]NIMANNalzstesaurusBlowfishRobbieTheRobberLord TSCinternelligentPyjamaramaKirby 61 votes
    Arsenal
    5%
    jemelefantxtal191Laois_ManSlipperyPeopleZemuppetNATLORspock. 8 votes
    Liverpool
    5%
    gandalfRoddy23pudzey101Drexelbrianregan09Topbike77Bobby BaccalaAwesomeness 8 votes
    Tottenham
    11%
    PsychedelicgimmickMonkeyTennisKev.garraniallo27KaiserGunnerprettyboy81cj maxxPhiloCyphermooseknunkleamber69Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga BungoSuperTortoiseBerserkerDJIMI TRARORE 16 votes
    Leicester
    4%
    Snake PliskenHammarDeise VuThe Backwards ManAgent CoulsonBret Hart 6 votes
    Other (Please Name)
    2%
    DubDaniSanity_SaviourFrancie Barrett 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So with the Premier League kicking back into action this weekend I thought it would be a good idea to get a general Premier League thread up and running. The aim of this is to have somewhere to discuss games and/or Premier League news stories that wouldn't warrant their own thread over the course of the season. It also may be handy to have a dedicated "one stop shop" thread for Premier League matters.

I will try to commit to posting the fixtures ahead of every weekend (probably on a Wednesday or Thursday as things should have settled down from the previous weekend's action at that stage), but if anyone else gets in there before me please feel free to do it too. :)

Anyway, lets kick things off with some predictions that we can look back on and laugh at in 9 months time.

Winner:
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order):
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order):
    Relegation:

Top Goalscorer:
    Most Assists:
    Player of the Year:
    Young Player of the Year (U-23):

Best Signing:
    Biggest Flop:
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player:
    Breakout Player:

Surprise Team (Good):
    Surprise Team (Bad):
    First Managerial Casualty:

Audacious Prediction of the Season:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Paully D wrote:
    Relegation Hull 8/11 Burnley 1/1 Middlesbrough 9/4 Watford 23/10 Sunderland 13/5 Swansea and Bournemouth 7/2 Crystal Palace 13/2 Stoke 11/1 BAR 14/1+

Have to say 8/11 on hull is great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Winner: No ****ing idea - seriously I can see flaws in every team so it's going to be close - basically which ever top team can get themselves sorted out quickest will win.
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): See above
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): See above
    Relegation: Hull, Burnley, Sunderland

Top Goalscorer: Agüero
    Most Assists: Firmino
    Player of the Year: Zlatan of course, in fact the title should read Zlatan of the Year
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Demarai Gray

Best Signing: Ahmed Musa (£17m to Leicester City)
    Biggest Flop: Sane (as judged by price)
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Pogba
    Breakout Player: Divock Origi

Surprise Team (Good): Middlesboro
    Surprise Team (Bad): Man City
    First Managerial Casualty: Walter Mazzarri (Watford)

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicester City to finish season outside all European positions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Manchester United
    Winner: Manchester City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Manchester United, Tottenham, Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham
    Relegation: Swansea, Burnley, Hull
    Leicester will finish: 11th

Top Goalscorer: Kane
    Most Assists: De Bruyne
    Player of the Year: De Bruyne
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): no idea

Best Signing: Mane
    Biggest Flop: Batshuayi
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Kante
    Breakout Player: yeah probably Origi

Surprise Team (Good):Stoke
    Surprise Team (Bad): Southampton
    First Managerial Casualty: Pardew at Crystal Palace, if you can set aside the managerial merry go rounds at Hull and Watford..

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicester to get out of the CL group or at least come very close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fair play on the thread Paully. Great to have somewhere to discuss the other teams :pac:

Winner: Man City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): United, Chelsea, Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Liverpool, West Ham, Tottenham
    Relegation: Hull, Middlesborough, Watford :(

Top Goalscorer: Aguero
    Most Assists: Silva
    Player of the Year: Sanchez
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Success

Surprise Team (Good): Everton
    Surprise Team (Bad): Watford
    First Managerial Casualty: Mazzarri

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Hull to not win a game all season

I'm really really down on Watford's season this year. Only a few new signings but we haven't signed the required players for 3-5-2 to work and I don't know where Success fits into the system either. Couple that with an atrocious opening to the season and I'd snap your hand off for a 17th place finish right now.

• Advertisement

"Will Success be a success?" is surely going to be one of the more tedious jokey inquiries of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Manchester United
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Chelsea, W. Ham, Arsenal
    Relegation: Hull, Burnley, Swansea
    Leicester will finish: 8th

Most Assists: Silva
    Player of the Year: Aguero
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Josh Onomah

Best Signing: Kante
    Biggest Flop: Stekelenburg
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Llorente
    Breakout Player: Onomah or Bailly

Surprise Team (Good): Middlesbrough
    Surprise Team (Bad): Arsenal
    First Managerial Casualty: Mazzari

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Arsenal and Arsene Wenger will part company before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Chelsea
    I really know don't understand how City are the bookies and many people's favourites for the title this season. They finished level on points with United last year, who have since significantly strengthened in key areas and appointed a very experience PL winning manager to replace the clown who was in charge before. I'm not too convinced by City's signings, or that Pep can come in and win a title in his first ever PL season in what is probably his first real test as a manager. Of course, I could easily be proven wrong. I do have a funny feeling that Liverpool could be dark horses this season. They play very good football at times and there certainly seems to be a good atmosphere at the club with Klopp in charge. A lot will depend on Sturridge keeping fit of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    Winner: Man Utd
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): City, Arsenal, Chelsea
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs, Pool, West Ham
    Relegation: Hull, Sunderland, Burnley

Most Assists: Ozil
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Martial

Best Signing: Pogba
    Biggest Flop: Mkhitaryan
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Sanchez
    Breakout Player: Iheanacho

Surprise Team (Good): Swansea
    Surprise Team (Bad): Leicester
    First Managerial Casualty: Mazzari

Audacious Prediction of the Season: United will go close to breaking a points total record for a 38 game league this year IMO.

Sunderland to go down at 13/5 looks great value to me.

The squad is currently worse than the one that squeaked survival last season. Defoe is another year older and has suffered niggling injuries in pre-season with no other senior striker as a replacement. Kone is off to Everton, Kirchhoff looks set to show how Allardyce getting regular games out of him was a fitness miracle, and there has been relatively nothing in terms of incomings. Add all that to their start of the season where they will be doing well to win any of their first 6 games and you could be looking at them giving everyone else a head start again.

One thing is for sure, I can't see them being as long as 13/5 by the end of September.

People will say "they always survive" etc, but look at the squad and tell me how anyone could be confident that it will happen? Drastic, drastic action is required very, very soon in the transfer market.

And now news of Paddy McNair and Donald ****ing Love coming in. Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Winner: Manchester City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Leicester City
    Relegation: Hull, Sunderland (no bias here. Think their squad is much the same and very little investment in it. Can't keep skirting with relegation.), Burnley.

Top Goalscorer: Harry Kane
    Most Assists: Dimitri Payet
    Player of the Year: Mesut Ozil
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Anthony Martial

Best Signing: N'Golo Kante might be the obvious choice but Joe Allen to Stoke is one that has gone under the radar and I think he could do really well with them.

Biggest Flop: Granit Xhaka. I'm basing that purely from the Euro's. Alright, he was playing with Switzerland but I saw absolutely nothing from him that tells me he can change a game. I think he'll have a poor season.

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: It's hard to look past Marcus Rashford. I think he'll go into this season with a lot of hype behind him after last season and will fall short of expectations. Close second would be John Stones.

Breakout Player: Ross Barkley has started to show glimpses of the hype put upon him a couple of seasons ago. Everton haven't really strengthened a huge amount and I think now is a perfect time for him to really become the attacking/creative force Everton will desperately need this season.

Surprise Team (Good): 'Boro
    First Managerial Casualty: Alan Pardew

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Paully D will claim that Sunderland are doomed within the first 2 months of the season setting a new record and making regular posters endure his misery for the coming months. ;)

Either that or Conte will falter with Chelsea, players will stage another mutiny and John Terry will become player/manager by Christmas time.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Audacious Prediction of the Season: Paully D will claim that Sunderland are doomed within the first 2 months of the season setting a new record and making regular posters endure his misery for the coming months. ;)

Well at least you won't have to concern yourself with Premier League matters this season. ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Liverpool
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): United , Arsenal, Chelsea
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs, Pool, West Ham

Player of the Year: Payet

Biggest Flop: Pogba ( judged on price)
    Breakout Player: Xhaka

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicester City to be bottom half by Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D wrote: »
    Well at least you won't have to concern yourself with Premier League matters this season. ;):pac:

Shut yer mouth you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Tottenham
    Winner: Liverpool
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order) : Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order) : Man United, Spurs & Everton
    Relegation : Hull, Southampton & Burnley

Top Goalscorer : Aguero
    Most Assists : Ozil
    Player of the Year : Aguero
    Young Player of the Year (U-23) : Martial

Best Signing : Wijnaldum
    Biggest Flop : John Stones
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player : Kante
    Breakout Player : Ross Barkley

Surprise Team (Good) : Everton under Koeman
    Surprise Team (Bad) : Southampton, Puel is a recipe for a disaster
    First Managerial Casualty : Tony Pulis

Audacious Prediction of the Season : JM will leave Man United before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Liverpool
    Berserker wrote: »
    =
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Arsenal
    Winner: Chelsea
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man City, Spurs, Man Utd
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order):.Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool
    Relegation: Hull, Watford, Swansea

Top Goalscorer: Harry Kane
    Most Assists: Kevin de Bruyne
    Player of the Year: Eden Hazard
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Dele Alli

Best Signing:. Kante
    Biggest Flop: Ibrahimovic
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Ibrahimovic
    Breakout Player:.. Loftus Cheek to be a key player for Chelsea

Surprise Team (Good): Crystal Palace
    Surprise Team (Bad): Arsenal
    First Managerial Casualty: Guidolin

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Zlatan to lose his place before November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd,Chelsea,Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Liverpool, Spurs,Everton
    Relegation: Hull,Swansea,Burnley

Young Player of the Year (U-23): Dele Alli

Best Signing: Ibrahimovic
    Biggest Flop: Llorente (think he could be too old now)
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Harry Kane ( I think tiredness might get to him) or Wayne Rooney
    Breakout Player: Ross Barkley (If he counts as a breakout player, I'm tipping him to have a really good season)

Surprise Team (Bad): Southampton I think they might end up close to being relegated.
    First Managerial Casualty: Francesco Guidolin

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicester City to be closer to the relegation zone than winning the title, I think a dip in motivation,the extra European matches and teams having much more respect for them now will cause a dip in their form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Manchester United
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Chelsea, United, Liverpool
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal, Spurs, Everton
    Relegation: Hull, Swansea, Burnley

Player of the Year: Agüero
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Sane

Biggest Flop: Ibrahimovic
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Rooney
    Breakout Player: Deulofeu

Surprise Team (Good): West Brom
    Surprise Team (Bad): Leicester and Southampton
    First Managerial Casualty: Phelan assuming he's made permanent at Hull

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Benteke to be a beast for palace, Llorente to be the opposite to that (not beauty though, just bad).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Winner: Man United
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Chelsea, Spurs, Everton
    Relegation: Hull, Bournemouth, Watford

Player of the Year: Agüero

Best Signing: Musa
    Biggest Flop: Kante
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Payet
    Breakout Player: Andre Gray

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Aaron Ramsey will at least contribute to 10 more goals (goals and assists) than Pogba will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Chelsea
    Winner: United
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): City Chelsea Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs Liverpool Leicester
    Relegation: Hull Burnley Watford

Top Goalscorer: Zlatan
    Most Assists: Hazard
    Player of the Year: Pogba
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Stones

Biggest Flop: Gundogen (injuries)
    Breakout Player: Rashford

Surprise Team (Good): Liverpool to get in the top 6
    Surprise Team (Bad): Everton
    First Managerial Casualty:Phelan

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Zlatan will score 30+ goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Chelsea
    Loftus Cheek for breakout player is a great shout actually. He looks a talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Winner: City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): United Chelsea Spurs
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal Pool West Ham

Relegation: Hull - Sunderland - Watford

Most Assists: Mykhirtyan ( Or however you spell it )

Biggest Flop: Ibra
    Breakout Player: Stones ( To show he's world class) but in terms of youth probably Rashford.

First Managerial Casualty: Hull

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicester finish outside top 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Liverpool
    Winner: City
    Champions League spot Arsenal United Spurs
    Europa League spots Chelsea Liverpool Leicester
    Relegation:

Most Assists:Ozil
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Bellerin

Best Signing: Xhaka
    Biggest Flop: Pogba
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player:Zlatan
    Breakout Player:IInacheo

First Managerial Casualty: Alan Pardrew

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicster to beat one of europes elite at home in the Group stages of the champions league (real, barca, bayern, juve)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Chelsea
    Audacious Prediction of the Season: Leicster to beat one of europes elite at home in the Group stages of the champions league (real, barca, bayern, juve)

I don't think they can draw any of them in the same group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are Real not second seeds cos didn't win the league?

Can't get the others for sure though.

Mushy wrote: »

Are Real not second seeds cos didn't win the league?

Can't get the others for sure though.

Edit: forgot they won the CL last year. Can't get any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Arsenal
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester

Most Assists: Fabregas
    Player of the Year: Kante
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Rashford

Biggest Flop: Stones
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Mane
    Breakout Player: Bailly

Surprise Team (Bad): Spurs
    First Managerial Casualty: Walter Mazzarri

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Wenger to be sacked by October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Man Utd, West Ham, Spurs
    Relegation: Middlesbrough, Watford, Hull

Top Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero
    Most Assists: Mesut Ozil
    Player of the Year: Kevin De Bruyne
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Marcus Rashford

Best Signing: Sadio Mane
    Biggest Flop: Paul Pogba
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Dmitri Payet
    Breakout Player: Roberto Firmino

Surprise Team (Good): Crystal Palace
    First Managerial Casualty: Mark Hughes

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Daniel Sturridge to play 30 league games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I never do this stuff as I am crap at it but here goes....

Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham
    Relegation: Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley,

Top Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero
    Most Assists: James Milner
    Player of the Year: Kevin De Bruyne
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): No idea

Best Signing: Pogba (especailly after Christmas)
    Biggest Flop: Granit Xhaka
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Leroy Sane
    Breakout Player: Origi

First Managerial Casualty: Aitor Karanka

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Chelsea to start strongly but fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Arsenal
    Strange contributions. Most people have the same top 7 , just ordered differently, and don't have their "surprise team" even breaking that top 7.
    Some have their breakout player as players who already have senior England caps.
    One person even has a 'keeper brought in as reserve for a nominal fee listed as his flop of the season.

Anyway, here's mine

Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Tottenham, Man City, Everton
    Relegation: Hull, Crystal Palace, Burnley

Top Goalscorer: Diego Costa
    Most Assists: Fabregas
    Player of the Year: Eden Hazard
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Best Signing: Antonio Conte
    Biggest Flop: John Stones
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: John Stones
    Breakout Player: Andre Gray, Ben Gibson, Mason Holgate, Loftus-Cheek

Surprise Team (Good): Chelsea & Middlesbrough
    Surprise Team (Bad): Man City & West Ham
    First Managerial Casualty: Alan Pardew

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Man City to sack Guardiola after one season, or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ZQBXtsi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Tottenham
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea
    Relegation: Hull, Sunderland, West Brom,

Top Goalscorer: Ibrahimovic
    Most Assists: Lallana
    Player of the Year: Lallana
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Origi

Best Signing: Klavan
    Biggest Flop: Stones
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Hazard
    Breakout Player: Origi

Surprise Team (Good): Boro
    First Managerial Casualty: Whoever get's the Hull gig full time.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Chelsea to start badly and Conte to be sacked by xmas!

Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs, Stoke, Arsenal
    Relegation: Hull, Sunderland, Swansea,

Top Goalscorer: Costa
    Most Assists: Hazard
    Player of the Year: Costa
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Shaw

Best Signing: Joe Allen
    Biggest Flop: Stones (based on money paid)
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Ibrahimovic
    Breakout Player: Shaw to have a huge season, injury not affecting him

Surprise Team (Good): Stoke (run out of steam and drop places towards end)
    First Managerial Casualty: Karanka

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Arsenal to only get Europe due to mad results on last day of season, Wenger to leave club "by mutual consent"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Leicester
    Winner: Spurs
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Liverpool,Man City,Man Utd
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Chelsea,Arsenal,Everton
    Relegation: Hull,Sunderland,Burnley

Young Player of the Year (U-23): Sane

Best Signing: Wanyama
    Biggest Flop: Gundogan
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Mkhitaryan
    Breakout Player: Lewis Cook

Surprise Team (Good): Middlesbrough
    Surprise Team (Bad): WHU
    First Managerial Casualty: Pardew

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Everton too win a Merseyside Derby.

• Advertisement

First game line ups

Hull XI Jakupovic, Robertson, Davies, Meyler, Huddlestone, Hernandez, Snodgrass, Clucas, Livermore, Diomande, Elmohamady

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Hernandez, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Mahrez, King, Drinkwater, Gray, Musa, Vardy.

Hull's bench, bloody hell.

Cpu-ugxWgAAkdh0.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Manchester United
    I will say I'm very excited about the league this season. There's no questioning the quality of the managers on show at least and there's genuine intrigue (not just of Sky's creation) as to how this season could go and, to be fair, there has been some impressive plauer acquisitions too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Far too much talk about the managers these days, it;s going to be unbelievably tedious listening to all this psycho babble bull**** about the battle on the sideline whenever the bigger teams come up against each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Looking like empty seats everywhere at Hull. Crazy situation to be opening a season in the Premier League with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Come on leicester!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Leicester
    That's the start of the in game ads.

There'll be some woman interrupting Niall Quinn to tell us all to drink Brahma before Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The 'fans protest', as Sky put it amounted to chants of "city till I die" for all of 15 seconds.

That won't send shudders down the owners spines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The 'fans protest', as Sky put it amounted to chants of "city till I die" for all of 15 seconds.

That won't send shudders down the owners spines.

They want to sell the club anyway, so any protest is going to fall a bit flat.

"Owners out!"

"..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Other (Please Name)
    Very sluggish from Leicester so far.

Vardy having stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea
    Good first half from Musa. He suits Leicester perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Manchester United
    Solid debut from Musa so far and when he tires they have Okazaki to come on, defenders nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea
    Well that's unexpected. Great finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Feck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement