Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    That's nice. He's finished.

Well then why do you use Bravo's success as a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Manchester United
    La Liga. Copa America. He's the real deal.

That's nice.

He's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Manchester United
    If you want a good hot take here's one: Clichy aside, Aguero has been City's worst player in that half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did Yaya fall over for no reason after he lost the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Think city are in similar position to United after fergie in that a big clear out is needed then people realised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If you want a good hot take here's one: Clichy aside, Aguero has been City's worst player in that half.
    Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tactics?

Manchester United
    sky88 wrote: »
    Think city are in similar position to United after fergie in that a big clear out is needed then people realised

Agreed. Their recruitment in the last few years has been so poor. Far more misses than hits. On top of that you're trying to build a squad for Guardiola and not every player works in his system. Time is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

GreNoLi wrote: »
    He's bound to adopt the three at the back sooner rather than later or perhaps he'll stick to his guns, hard to tell.

Zaba in the middle says it all. Doesn't have the legs nor the brains to cover that position

He strikes me as somebody who wants out!

• Advertisement

Manchester United
    Zaba in the middle says it all. Doesn't have the legs nor the brains to cover that position

Not sure why the criticism. He was excellent against West Ham and has had a very good half. Long term he could be improved upon but strange choice of player to single out.

Agreed. Their recruitment in the last few years has been so poor. Far more misses than hits. On top of that you're trying to build a squad for Guardiola and not every player works in his system. Time is required.

Then don't play the system and revert to what the players know until he gets those players??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    Pep needs to spent another half a billion on new players to show he is the best coach in the world by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Poor Pep having a squad that won the league only 3 seasons ago. He spunked £50 million on Stones as well.

Manchester United
    Mushy wrote: »

I'll be honest, his overall game is a concern. He can. Abd sometimes does, make things happen, but he loses the ball far too easily and other times he's too slow on the ball too, takes far too many touches when the speed of the attacks require something quicker.

Manchester United
    Then don't play the system and revert to what the players know until he gets those players??????

Someone said that before and I'll say again it's a ridiculous pov for numerous reasons. On top of that the style they played under Pellegrini last season was, points wise, far less successful than this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think he needs two new full backs, a physical centre half to go along with Stones and they'll be fine then.

Manchester United
    Pep needs to spent another half a billion on new players to show he is the best coach in the world by the looks of it.

He needs the right players. Simple as. All top clubs spend big money to get big players, Pep is no different. Mourinho has the most expensive squad in football history at his disposal and is 6th....

Someone said that before and I'll say again it's a ridiculous pov for numerous reasons. On top of that the style they played under Pellegrini last season was, points wise, far less successful than this season.

Then I'll tell as many have said. Stop harping on about the system as an excuse if it shouldn't be changed. It's counter productive and idiotic

Precisely. This completely defeats the long term plans excuse he has for City. The argument about breeding a playing culture is very small excuse to give him a bye this season. Work with what he has and get the best out of them, like all managers are obliged to do. Then recruit and slowly establish his preferred system but again, work with what you have. I can't see many of this first team squad being able to adapt to his preferred system.
    If City miss out on Champions League, he will have a lot to answer to and will have less of a chance to attract his preferred players (although his stature will have a large benefit in this regard, of course)

Get a top 4, then recruit.

• Advertisement

Not sure why the criticism. He was excellent against West Ham and has had a very good half. Long term he could be improved upon but strange choice of player to single out.
    Agreed. There are far worse performers out there for us today. Though Zabba will fade in the second half, he just doesn't have the legs anymore.

Manchester United
    Precisely. This completely defeats the long term plans excuse he has for City. The argument about breeding a playing culture is very small excuse to give him a bye this season. Work with what he has and get the best out of them, like all managers are obliged to do. Then recruit and slowly establish his preferred system but again, work with what you have. I can't see many of this first team squad being able to adapt to his preferred system.
    If City miss out on Champions League, he will have a lot to answer to and will have less of a chance to attract his preferred players (although his stature will have a large benefit in this regard, of course)

Get a top 4, then recruit.

You think he wont get top four?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Far less successful? How about 3 points less successful after 20 games. If City lose today it'll be 2 points.

Very much off topic but Kluivert's son made his Ajax debut today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whoops!

Everton 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    Get in the ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Great finish by Mirallas there

Game over.

Mushy wrote: »

I'll be honest, his overall game is a concern. He can. Abd sometimes does, make things happen, but he loses the ball far too easily and other times he's too slow on the ball too, takes far too many touches when the speed of the attacks require something quicker.

He's a quality player, he has proven that. His style may not suit Peps style though, and surely you use what you are given/have to play to one of your best players strengths? He(Aguero) is just frustrated.

2-0

• Advertisement

If City lose then that's any already vague chance of the title gone

Manchester United
    Offside but City not getting the decisions here.

I honestly think he may not.

Chelsea, Pool, Arsenal........and then one of the other 3. I actually think United will get a place.

Specsavers lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Kaboom, I'm loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I thought you support Chelsea, you should be happy.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable. 2 shots on target, 2 goals conceded.

Is Bravo meant to be a good shot stopper.

Honestly don't think I've seen him save anything this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea
    Peps body language is dreadful

Is Bravo meant to be a good shot stopper.

Honestly don't think I've seen him save anything this season

No, but his passing is good.

blueser wrote: »
    Unbelievable. 2 shots on target, 2 goals conceded.

Why how many shots have city had?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea

Their form is not great.

The top 4 form teams are United, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool.

It was gone before today, in my opinion. Now we're scrapping for a top 4 spot.

I honestly think he may not.

Chelsea, Pool, Arsenal........and then one of the other 3. I actually think United will get a place.

What do you think? Genuine question, who do you think (obviously you can't be sure!) has best chance of top 4 at this stage?

GARETH BARRY. Bossing that midfield today

What has that got to do with how many shots Everton have had?

It was gone before today, in my opinion. Now we're scrapping for a top 4 spot.

Everyone bar Chelsea is in that fight now. Someone is going to get a sneaky left hook.

Don't think they've had any

Unearthly wrote: »
    Peps body language is dreadful

Yup it's like a petulant child who's feels he doesn't deserve what he's getting.

It's very much LVG esque in its nature

What has that got to do with how many shots Everton have had?

Because it's 2 more than CITY have. It's not unbelievable when you score from shooting. City should try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Manchester United
    According to OptaStats:

Claudio Bravo has conceded from 12 of the last 20 shots on target he has faced in the Premier League.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement