Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sevilla are absolutely brilliant right now, Sampaoli has them playing great stuff. I wouldn't hold out much hope for Leicester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If I were Leicester City and I was asked which Spanish side I wanted to play it would be Seville.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If I were Leicester City and I was asked which Spanish side I wanted to play it would be Seville.

All of the Spanish sides in the CL are streets ahead of Leicester

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    All of the Spanish sides in the CL are streets ahead of Leicester

Missing the point somewhat, but yes they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Missing the point somewhat, but yes they are.

Are you missing the whole point of your own post then!!

"Still fine in the CL don't forget, if they can stay in that he's fine Seville are a weaker team so a good draw"

You are more or less saying: Leicester are the stronger team between Sevilla and Leicester but also admitting Sevilla are also streets ahead of Leicester?

I am confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you missing the whole point of your own post then!!

"Still fine in the CL don't forget, if they can stay in that he's fine Seville are a weaker team so a good draw"

You are more or less saying: Leicester are the stronger team between Sevilla and Leicester but Sevilla are also streets ahead of Leicester?

I am confused!

I got Seville are one of the weaker teams left in the CL, and I suppose they are when compared to Bayern, Barca, RM, Dortmund and Juve?

Great cup team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea
    Leicester will be battling to stay in the PL the way their season is going.
    Now they have conceded a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

How come that isn't a red card for Morgan? They can't seriously suggest that that was "a genuine attempt to play the ball". It was an arm in the back of the attacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got Seville are one of the weaker teams left in the CL, and I suppose they are when compared to Bayern, Barca, RM, Dortmund and Juve?

Great cup team though.

He didn't really make that clear though! He was kind of saying Ranieri should be spared as they are still in the Champ League but it is more than probable they will be out of that in a few weeks on this form

He also said they were "fine" in the CL. They are more or less f*cked, let us be honest regardless if its Bayern, Barca, RM or Seville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

RobertKK wrote: »
    Leicester will be battling to stay in the PL the way their season is going.
    Now they have conceded a penalty.

And a bad call on the Morgan o.g...... Could be 4-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Still fine in the CL don't forget, if they can stay in that he's fine Seville are a weaker team so a good draw

What?! Sevilla are gonna spank them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RobertKK wrote:
    Leicester will be battling to stay in the PL the way their season is going. Now they have conceded a penalty.

I thought they'd pick up in form after topping the group but it got worse. Kante left which was a big blow but the likes of Morgan, Huth, Schmeichel, Drinkwater & especially Vardy have dropped off completely. Mahrez doesn't want to be there & most of the new signings didn't add a lot bar Slimani who seems to be their only goal threat.
    Sevilla should easily brush them aside. Saying Sevilla aren't as good as Dortmund makes me want to see that game & throw in Napoli for a wwe style triple threat match :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Bit of acting the maggot from Cech there.He's had no problem turning around and making sure the ball was out of play before going down with his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bit of acting the maggot from Cech there.He's had no problem turning around and making sure the ball was out of play before going down with his injury.

Its called being a professional.

74% Ball Possession 26%
    14 Goal Attempts 5
    3 Shots on Goal 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Clear penalty for arsenal not awarded .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Manchester United
    Poor defending, decent header. 1-0 Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    Really good call from the ref.

9th red card for Xhaka in 3 years according to Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doing an Arsenal™

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Tottenham
    Penalty for Burnley in the 92nd minutes. Good call by the ref. 1-1.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Amazing weekend for Chelsea (Assuming they beat Hull)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Correct call from the ref. just about scored the penalty.

Ref has been brilliant in fairness, two big calls spot on. They're not all useless, evidently.

Tottenham
    Arsenal losing it here. Wenger sent to the stands, I think. Penalty for Arsenal. Not sure about this one.

• Advertisement

Jesus, penalty to Arsenal now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ffs

Tottenham
    Was offside too, I think.

Manchester United
    Ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Offside and all

Cool as **** penalty though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tottenham
    That's twice arsenal have ****ed over Burnley with offside goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't think that was a pen. Burnley player knew nothing about it. Completely accidental. Not too mention offside.

That's a sickener. Arsenal showing bottle, that's new. They could be in the title hunt now if Chelsea slip up against Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Manchester United
    Funny how often games at the top level ate being decided by officiating mistakes. It's almost as though the pace of the game has become massively quicker than officials can be expected to keep up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Don't think that was a pen. Burnley player knew nothing about it. Completely accidental. Not too mention offside.

Offside yeah. But you can't kick people in the head accidental or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That's a bad decision. Koscielny theatrics won it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As a foul it's a stonewall penalty, but the offside should be called first so no penalty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think it was a penalty as it would be given as a free if it happened anywhere else but offside so should deem it inconsequential. Koscielny offside right over on the linesman side so should be no excuse for not calling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Pretty tough one to call in defence of the linesman as one defender doesn't jump up with the line and Kos does well but it's a shame an official is the one to play God with the league table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Another game decided by the officials. They'd done well all game up until then for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tottenham
    Funny how often games at the top level ate being decided by officiating mistakes. It's almost as though the pace of the game has become massively quicker than officials can be expected to keep up with.

So many bad offside decisions this year resulting in goals.

Manchester United
    I wouldn't be blaming the officials, a matter of inches or less from the one view of the replay I got. Thought the officials did well throughout the match

Manchester United
    niallo27 wrote: »
    So many bad offside decisions this year resulting in goals.

While some of the bad decisions I've seen called are very obvious, for the most part I have sympathy with the officials. As someone said yesterday in regards to the Walker foul on Sterling, even though it's a complete wrong call the linesman is basically expected to be able to run as fast as Raheem Sterling in order to be in a good position to make that decision. Same can often apply to offsides too. When the rules of this sport were created it wasn't being played at a fraction of the pace which any top level game is played now. The science behind the sport has made the athletes quicker and stronger and the game faster but the rules remain rooted in a game based firmly in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I wouldn't be blaming the officials, a matter of inches or less from the one view of the replay I got. Thought the officials did well throughout the match

It raises the technology question again. It was shown before the penalty, a video ref would be able to give the correct call, give the free out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    3-1 chelsea, Costa hat trick.

Tottenham
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Arsenal showing bottle, that's new. They could be in the title hunt now if Chelsea slip up against Hull.

They have no chance of winning the league. Chelsea will throw them around the place like a dog toy when they play them in two weeks. Chelsea owe them for the defeat earlier in the season when they were finding their feet. Everyone knows how the season is going to play out for Arsenal; top four, they may win the cup and they'll get knocked out in the next round of the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Oof.

Hull lost Robert Snodgrass in the warm up and now Mason is on oxygen

Manchester United
    Not offside.

• Advertisement

Manchester United
    How, after booking Kante, is that not a second yellow for Davies?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement