Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Chelsea
    Great day for Burnley another home win and 2 signings. Brady will definetly improve them in the wide positions. Dyche if he keeps them up should be a serious contender for manager of the year.

The most likable manager in the league imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Dyche if he keeps them up should be a serious contender for manager of the year.
    By winning one point away from home all year?? Not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

By winning one point away from home all year?? Not sure about that.

He has done an incredible job probably the lowest wage bill in the league. Really difficult to entice players to sign there. Its only know that the purse strings have been loosened. His players give him everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Leicester are diabolical.

N'Golo Kanté should demand that every one of those players give him their Premier League winning medal.

Drinkwater is also being shown up as the fraud that he is without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

SlickRic wrote: »

N'Golo Kanté should demand that every one of those players give him their Premier League winning medal.

Harsh. Kanté is a big loss for sure but there are more reasons for Leicester's collapse than his departure. I'm not sure Ranieri's heart is in it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

SlickRic wrote: »

Load of nonsense. If you watched them last season properly you would realise AT THE TIME they were very much a team that were the sum of all parts. If Kate was still with them they wouldn't be a whole lot better off. Collectively they haven't got the hunger or momentum anymore.

Harsh. Kanté is a big loss for sure but there are more reasons for Leicester's collapse than his departure. I'm not sure Ranieri's heart is in it anymore.

Ranieri is also at fault. His preferred system doesn't work without Kanté.

Ranieri has never been an elite manager. He didn't just become one last season. He was excellent, don't get me wrong, but he was also the beneficiary of a perfect storm of circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    ERG89 wrote: »
    The scary part is they were more convincing winning the league last year than Chelsea have been this year. They won away at their rivals & had a world of pressure from everyone doubting them every weekend. Whatever happens them they deserved that league title.
    Maybe convincing is the wrong word but it's a more impressive achievement for me. Them going to the Etihad & White Hart Lane last year and winning was some test of their character.

More impressive, no doubt, they punched considerably above their weight, helped by a completee collapse of the best 6 or 6 sides in the league for weeks on end, most notably the chasing pack of Arsenal and Spurs.

More convincing than Chelsea this year, not a chance.

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=42&mw=1-23&ha=-1

We've 9 points more at the same stage this year than Leicester had last time around and won 13 on the spin.

We've 3 points more than Jose had when we won it with us and 3 points more than City when they won it before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Manchester United
    Bravo dropped. Aguero on the bench. Big decisions tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Best player in the league I can't believe he isn't getting the best out of him.

Manchester United
    Best player in the league I can't believe he isn't getting the best out of him.

Apparently Aguero has a bit of a knock. Said a while ago that the relationship isn't bearing fruit on the pitch and honestly I'm not convinced that Aguero hasn't lost a steo since returning from injury. Either way, Jesus has looked razor sharp and Sane is starting to live up to the hype.

Manchester United
    David Gold giving it the old "poor me" about the Payet transfer, ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that Payet never wanted to leave Marseille and West Ham only got him because of their financial clout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Arsenal

Right decision dropping Bravo should have happened weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    I reckon he will be back between the sticks in the next match.. good tactical decision by Pep tbh.. there is no way he would be up to anything in the air against Carroll and Antonio

Chelsea
    I dont know is Caballero any better than Bravo TBH.

I'm looking forward to Jesus though, he looks like a good prospect.

• Advertisement

Manchester United
    GavRedKing wrote: »

He isn't but Bravo's confidence is shot and his reflexes look slow compared to how agile he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Chelsea

Surprised Pep dropped Bravo. Imagine how much the press will be on his back if City keep a CS!

Surprised Pep dropped Bravo. Imagine how much the press will be on his back if City keep a CS!

Well it was him who made the change ...............

It will take the pressure off Bravo also. He done the right thing but he should have done it a month ago and hinted at an injury or something to take the pressure off Bravo

C2OIyjTUcAAYNMv.jpg

Manchester United
    C2OIyjTUcAAYNMv.jpg

He doesn't at all.

• Advertisement

Manchester United
    Jesus is magic. That's why Aguero isn't starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Good start!
    :D

Manchester United
    Sane really has hit his stride. City with two direct wingers out wide looking far better now.

Not that big.

Bravo has been shíte and he patently isn't the biggest fan of Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Manchester United
    Playing some nice football tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Manchester United
    This could get ugly for West Ham. City ripping them to pieces.

Playing some nice football tonight
    Damn; when we're good....
    :D
    But when we're bad....
    :(

Imagine if we had a decent defence/keeper.

Sane really has hit his stride. City with two direct wingers out wide looking far better now.

This is making a far bigger difference than anything. It gives room in the pockets for KDB and Silva.

He doesn't at all.

You speak for him now???:D How in God's name do you think that. Just because he brought in Bravo as his number one doesn't mean he may regret it. Do you think he would admit it? No? Would you expect him to? No.
    But I guess you know more than all us!

Maybe, just maybe, Bravo isn't as good and as adaptable as you may think ? Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jesus is magic. That's why Aguero isn't starting.

Magic? You better stop that or you'll have the church after you, they call it a miracle :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Crouch got his 100th goal today, fair play to him, some achievement to hit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Seriously impressive from city I must say.

Manchester United
    what a player this kid is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

West Ham are so so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Gabriel Jesus is a tad bit special. Serious talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Manchester United

It's early days but he could be special.

Sterling should've scored himself the first time, very selfless on the second opportunity!

We'll need to be careful with him though. We have to avoid the obvious temptation to overplay him. Pep could do worse than to take a leaf out of Ferguson's book re. the way he brought Giggs on way back when. The PL will be a lot faster and more physical than what Gabriel is used to.

Chelsea
    GavRedKing wrote: »

Hes pretty good. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

West Ham should narrow the pitch for next season and sell binoculars at the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This could do wonders for City's goal difference. Themselves and united are miles behind the top 4 in that regard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Yawn fest at old trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    Crouchy celebrating by doing the robot :D

Manchester United
    What a ball by KDB

We need to keep the foot on the gas here. Give our GD a bit of a boost.

• Advertisement

The speed at which they can attack is devastating. If they get consistency back they'll be something else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

David Gold giving it the old "poor me" about the Payet transfer, ignoring the blatantly obvious fact that Payet never wanted to leave Marseille and West Ham only got him because of their financial clout.
    Fvck Gold & Brady and the horse they rode in on. I'd have a certain fondness for the Hammers having lived there for a while in their old Division 2 days but the owners are shisters of the highest order out to make a quick buck. Completely trying to destroy Payet in the media (and succeeding in the minds of some) for wanting to do what's best for him & his family. If he was only interested on money he'd be off to China or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Great mind for the game Glenn Hoddle suggest West Ham take the pitch in to make it narrower. Makes as much sense as taking in the roads in craggy island

giphy.gif

Fvck Gold & Brady and the horse they rode in on. I'd have a certain fondness for the Hammers having lived there for a while in their old Division 2 days but the owners are shisters of the highest order out to make a quick buck. Completely trying to destroy Payet in the media (and succeeding in the minds of some) for wanting to do what's best for him & his family. If he was only interested on money he'd be off to China or somewhere.

While I've no love of Gold or Brady, there's better ways of going about getting a move than refusing to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

more so the players. on football weekly they've mentioned rumours the players don't like him, especially Schmeichel. he's supposed to be very different personality wise off camera.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement