Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

Fvck Gold & Brady and the horse they rode in on. I'd have a certain fondness for the Hammers having lived there for a while in their old Division 2 days but the owners are shisters of the highest order out to make a quick buck. Completely trying to destroy Payet in the media (and succeeding in the minds of some) for wanting to do what's best for him & his family. If he was only interested on money he'd be off to China or somewhere.

That's a bit harsh.

Gold played for West Ham youths, Sullivan is a lifelong West Ham fan. I'm not sure they have tried to destroy Payet but suspect like just about every West Ham fan they are disappointed to receive 25 mill for a player who was one of the stars of last summers Euros.

Contrast that with the owners of other clubs, the American owners with their string of sports clubs looking to add some British bauble, the Middle East consortiums playing games with Monopoly money. You'd hate the Liverpools and Man Citys of the league.

• Chelsea
    Hold my hands up and say Pep has got it right with his selection the last couple of games.
    Big call to drop Augero last night but it paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

C3n_Qrw_WVc_AADw_T2_jpg_large.jpg

650_jpg_w_620_q_55_auto_format_usm_12_fit_max_s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Berahino Saga starts to make some sense

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/02/saido-berahino-banned-failing-drug-test-west-brom-according/

Makes you wonder about some of the other unexplained absences in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The original poll looks quite silly now doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    The original poll looks quite silly now doesn't it?

I think it reflects the expectations of both sides, personally I thought Utd would run away with it and Jose would have them very close to beating our 95 points record, whats actaully happened is the 2 most expensives squads and managers have drastically under performed, I can understand Pep to a degree, its a new league to him but this is Joses 7th season in England so I've less leeway to offer him although Utd do look a much better side than anything under LVG and its usually Joses 2nd season is when the changes start to show effect but I cant remember him starting a new job so poorly, yet, he might still win a trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    Kante has been everywhere today like a team of Scott parker's at his best!

Makes it look easy.

2-0 and fully deserved

Chelsea
    Everton missed a serious chance in the mid week game to jump Utd for 24 hours at least.

3-0 after 30mins and meant to be playing very well.

Chelsea
    Thats absurdly poor from Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

WTF Sunderland???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Palace getting battered. Not looking good for Sam Allarrdyce keeping them up.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

WTF Sunderland???

Was going to post the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

"Big Sam won't get relegated" they said! 4-0 down at home to one of the worst PL teams in the last decade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

GET IN HAWAY THE LADS. WHAT THE **** IS THIS HAHAHAHAHA

Chelsea
    Sam is a fraud, hope they go down too, never liked Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

McCarthy with a goal and assist so far for Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This league would do your head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McCarthy with a goal and assist so far for Everton.

His goal was hilarious pretty much just hit off him and went in . Good pass for Lukakus first.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    What did Hendrick do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What did Hendrick do?

Over the top of the ball with studs showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

6-3 in the Everton game :D

Chelsea
    Everton and Borunemouth must have played a 5 a side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Palace fans are a disgrace.

Chelsea
    Johner wrote: »
    Palace fans are a disgrace.

What happened?

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    What happened?

Trying to get at the players.

Chelsea

Aaahhhh, TBH, it would be Sam I'd be blaming, they've won what, 1 game since hes come in and lost the rest?

The players will be grand, well able to hide when under any sort of pressure

What a great job Silva is doing at Hull. Played great at Stamford Bridge, drew at Old Trafford and now beat Liverpool. He has them playing some really nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea
    The top 6 (or what really should be Chelsea then the other 5) is slowly becoming the top 7 as Everton make ground.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I like these Rugby afternoons, when you don't keep in touch with the football scorelines and can then read the results with your jaw dropping to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea
    Valdes intentionally hit Alli in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RobertKK wrote: »
    Valdes intentionally hit Alli in the face.

A certain three game ban on the way for him retrospectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

RobertKK wrote: »
    The top 6 (or what really should be Chelsea then the other 5) is slowly becoming the top 7 as Everton make ground.

ssssshhhhhhh we want to sneak second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Manchester United
    Are the BT commentators just brushing over the fact that Alli was shoved his face into Valdes twice there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looking forward to the eir Sport highlights show now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    Come on you spurs! Super peno apparently.

Lets get 2 or3 now to finish them off please jebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

It would have been hilarious if Barkley had put the ball wide or slipped after celebrating before he scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just catching up on all the games today.

What a result by Sunderland. Have to say, Defoe never seems to get the credit he probably deserves. What a goalscorer. That man just knows how to find the back of the net.

And as someone said earlier in the thread, what a job Silva has done at hull. Now I think Phelean was unlucky at times but hull are extremely well drilled now both in defence and attack.

Exciting times ahead at both ends of the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Manchester United
    I was surprised when MOTD mentioned that Lukaku was just 23. I figured he was around the 27, 28 mark. What's he doing at his age is pretty terrific.

I think I'm right in saying when Drogba was the same age he was playing for Guingamp having been signed from Le Mans, and he was not at this point showing the devastating prowess we would later see from him.

If Lukaku has not yet peaked and can get even better in the years to come, the best clubs in Europe will soon be knocking on Everton's door. Can they hold on to him beyond this season?

• Advertisement

• Chelsea
    Hull have arsenal next.... Worth a fiver!

Lukaku is going to be a great player, he's raw but Drogba was well behind him at this stage of his career and look at how great Drogba tuned out to be so he has plenty of time to improve.

Everton could demand close to £100 million for him and it would be justifiable based on what Pogba went to Man Utd for.

I'd love to see him stay at Everton for a long while but that never happen anymore so he'll probably go soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    The summer transfer market is going to be nuts player price wise when clubs started regularly paying stupid money for average players in the last few seasons they changed the market forever but now when teams in the bottom half of the Championship like Villa and Wolves are paying £12/13/14m for average forwards you have to say a player like Lukaku could easily go for £60/70/80 plus million no problem next summer if one of the big clubs came in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pray for Swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haven't gotten to really keep up with news this week, but what are they on about on SS1? (Just stuck it on now). Are the players trying to overthow Ranieri?

I wonder where Aguero will end up next season.He's hardly going to tolerate being on the bench as it looks like Guardiola doesn't fancy him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Could go back to Atletico when Griezmann leaves

Could go back to Atletico when Griezmann leaves

sounds like Alexi Sanchez is the man A.M. want this Summer but they could take Aguero also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

sounds like Alexi Sanchez is the man A.M. want this Summer but they could take Aguero also.

Neither City or Arsenal will wanna sell to another premier league club however the difference in the transfer fees Athletico will/can pay against what Chelsea/United can pay is huge. Not saying it's going to happen but if there is interest from one of those clubs particularly in Arsenals case, I reckon they'd take the best money regardless of where it came from. I could see Conte being interested in Sanchez this summer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement