Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I think there is value in Bournemouth @10/1 to go down. So open at the back and Hull, Swansea improving. Big Sam will keep Palace up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    Decent call from the Ref there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Referee ball watching, linesman good decision, open game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well spotted ref; clear pull back on Stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tottenham
    He didn't even need to do it I think the ball was that good.

Chelsea
    Yeah I think he would have easily beaten Stones to that without the pull

Manchester United
    blueser wrote: »
    Well spotted ref; clear pull back on Stones.

Odd one, ref didn't look like he made the decision neither did the lino, someone from up on high perhaps.

Chelsea
    What is the point of Jordan Ibe.. seems to run the ball straight into a defender every time

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Odd one, ref didn't look like he made the decision neither did the lino, someone from up on high perhaps.
    They were saying on commentary that the linesman didn't flag. I'm just relieved it was spotted by someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Manchester United
    Niall Quinn is full of waffle, nice bit of skill from Silva and he claims "all the Bournemouth fans are up applauding that". No they weren't Niall.

Manchester United
    Bournemouth have lost the plot since they went three up against arsenal.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Niall Quinn is full of waffle, nice bit of skill from Silva and he claims "all the Bournemouth fans are up applauding that". No they weren't Niall.
    Quinn spouts sh1te most of the time. One of the worst pundits out there, and that's from a large selection to pick from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Who exactly disallowed that Bournemouth goal because the ref didn't see it and the linesman didn't seem to see it either.

The ref get word from the 4th official or something?

Manchester United
    OFF OFF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Would like to see City go on a run and put some sort of pressure on Chelsea. As a neutral it's no fun seeing one team stroll away with it

• Advertisement

Manchester United
    Aguero, 0-2.

*puts the betablockers back on the sideboard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Parry and Quinn have to be the worst commentator co-commentator combo I can think of.

Somebody needs to tell Niall Quinn to shut the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Chelsea
    Niall Quinn is a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Manchester United
    So Pep's City are up to 2nd and playing with a swagger.

• Advertisement

So Pep's City are up to 2nd and playing with a swagger.
    Not too sure about a swagger, to be honest. But we do seem to have a bit of confidence now. But we need to keep this going, and unfortunately we don't have a league game for nearly three weeks now. The target now is to secure a top 4 spot. I'm not even looking at Chelsea. Like Pep said, it's a big gap!

Manchester United
    Oh Cescy Fabregas! Great Chelsea goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fvcking Flappy-hand-ski strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Has been excellent today to be fair.

Manchester United
    Big goal Chelsea! Pedro has been absolutely crucial this season, he's certainly played his part in Chelsea's potentially league winning campaign.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Manchester United

Almost looked like he was paid to let it in, it was that bad. Obviously I'm not suggesting it was, but it was that awful an attempted save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    Fabinski has been their motm too but that was brutal alright.

Should be 5 or 6 without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

The blatant handball not given has probably cost Swansea at least a point. Very lucky for Chelsea today.

Chelsea
    The blatant handball not given has probably cost Swansea at least a point. Very lucky for Chelsea today.

And the tackle on costa a minite later? Blatant penalty too.

Thats before ya mentioned Fabibskis 2 great saves and cesc hitting the bar, but ya, Chelsea very lucky today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

GavRedKing wrote: »

Thats before ya mentioned Fabibskis 2 great saves and cesc hitting the bar, but ya, Chelsea very lucky today.

Ever hear of the butterfly effect......

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Manchester United

Firstly, the tackle on Costa was fine, no penalty, and if the penalty a minute earlier was given for a blatant handball in my view, the other incident wouldn't have happened anyhow.

All irrelevant now anyhow.

Chelsea
    Ever hear of the butterfly effect......

We'll add on the goal for their "penalty" so and take the 3-2 win.

We'll add on the goal for their "penalty" so and take the 3-2 win.

nope, that isn't how the butterfly effect works! ;) What happened after that was Swansea got a third!

It is all irrelevant, penalty decisions go amiss 90% of games, some more significant than others but for you to wash it off as it not having an effect on the game is naive!

PS, you don't have to go all defensive because it's your team!

Chelsea
    I hope Swansea stay up anyway. Clement has a decent run now until the end of the season of winnable games.

I hope Swansea stay up anyway. Clement has a decent run now until the end of the season of winnable games.

They should be ok, I think. Next 4 games, 3 against fellow relegation candidates (and the other a winnable game against Burnley at home) will probably decide a lot.

Chelsea
    They should be ok, I think. Next 4 games, 3 against fellow relegation candidates (and the other a winnable game against Burnley at home) will probably decide a lot.

Theyve defended well in all games except the Arsenal game but theyre not an overly defenaive side. They try to play football too so they should have enough in the tank to stay up.

Leicester are 18th now today after results today.

Theyve defended well in all games except the Arsenal game but theyre not an overly defenaive side. They try to play football too so they should have enough in the tank to stay up.

Leicester are 18th now today after results today.

A bit of a mixed run in for them really, very hard to know but I genuinely think, they won't get more than a point or 2 in the next 3 league games. (on form)
    Stoke and Sunderland, if they don't get wins out of those games, they will go down as their next 3 are very tough fixtures (yes, even Palace away.)

If they had persisted with Ranieri, he would have persisted with the same team and generally the same tactics. At least now they have opportunity to try new things.

Leicester
    Liverpool

Leicester
    Hull City

Arsenal
    Leicester (POSTPONED)

Champions League
    Leicester
    Sevilla

West Ham
    Leicester

Leicester
    Stoke City

Leicester
    Sunderland

Everton
    Leicester

Crystal Palace
    Leicester

Leicester
    Tottenham

West Brom
    Leicester

Leicester
    Watford

Manchester City
    Leicester

Leicester
    Bournemouth

I think you must be joking about the costa one. It just wasn't a penalty.

Also there is no luck involved in a keeper making saves or people missing the target. Chelsea got a good slice of luck today. End of story.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

5starpool wrote: »
    Firstly, the tackle on Costa was fine, no penalty, and if the penalty a minute earlier was given for a blatant handball in my view, the other incident wouldn't have happened anyhow.

All irrelevant now anyhow.

Pls.

Both were clear cut penalties.

I don't think that standard of refereeing is irrelevant. Swarbrick completely failed today in his charge of the match, even leaving out the penalty decisions. They cancelled each other out so to speak.

The rest of the game was badly marred by terrible calls and it's an all too frequent complaint in the EPL.

The Costa one wasn't a penalty and I doubt you'd even normally mention it but for the obvious one ye got away with. You're just trying to even it up.

Also there is no luck involved in a keeper making saves or people missing the target. Chelsea got a big slice of luck today. End of story.

Mauro Zarate seems badly injured (not a head injury). Looks like a season ender.

Chelsea
    I think you must be joking about the costa one. It just wasn't a penalty.

Also there is no luck involved in a keeper making saves or people missing the target. Chelsea got a good slice of luck today. End of story.

Id assume when your standing foot is taken from under you in the box after shifting the ball its a penalty but ill desist to your superior knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd are flogging pillows, Ray Winstons floating head dominates the ad breaks around live games, Man City player have been prancing up and down a catwalk (non PC language for whatever it's actually called!) and a technical panel wants to break the game into four quarters. Players regularly insult the ordinary working punter be it by accident or design with their ostentatious lives.

man_city_catwalk2.png

Can we have our game back mister?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Man Utd are flogging pillows, Ray Winstons floating head dominates the ad breaks around live games, Man City player have been prancing up and down a catwalk (non PC language for whatever it's actually called!) and a technical panel wants to break the game into four quarters. Players regularly insult the ordinary working punter be it by accident or design with their ostentatious lives.

man_city_catwalk2.png

It's dreadful to see players enjoy the money the earn.Shower of bastards.

If I was a millionaire I'd have more restraint and I'd live a simple life just to keep everyone else happy.

man_city_catwalk2.png

Yeah, strange post. Not sure where you are going with this one?? All a bit cringeworthy but for the following couple of hours these players treated us to one of the most entertaining games of football in Europe for a long time. So who gives a monkeys what the club do (yes the bloody club, the likes of Raheem Sterling didn't request it I anticipate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Terrible tackle by Whelan there. Should be off.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Terrible tackle by Whelan there. Should be off.
    While not as bad as Alli's shocker in midweek, it was poor from Whelan. He could have had no complaints if he got his marching papers for that.

Yeah, strange post. Not sure where you are going with this one?? All a bit cringeworthy but for the following couple of hours these players treated us to one of the most entertaining games of football in Europe for a long time. So who gives a monkeys what the club do (yes the bloody club, the likes of Raheem Sterling didn't request it I anticipate)
    Excellent reply. I'm pretty sure Raheem, Kun etc etc wouldn't choose to be making themselves look like prize eejits. It's not like they need the money, is it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement