Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    2 fantastic hits from Kane hope he gets the header next for the perfect hat trick

Manchester United
    3rd hatrick in 9 games for Kane! Almost feel sorry for Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Stoke are no Gent I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    You would have to wonder how long Spurs can hold onto Kane before some of the big boys Chelsea, City, utd even his old club Arsenal come looking maybe even a couple of the Spanish clubs throw money at Levy for him.

If the lad want to win trophies he'll have to move on sooner than later.

Manchester United
    Deli alli gets in on the action too in the correct manner after a lovely assist from super Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

That's insane finishing from Kane. And that touch in the leadup to Alli's goal was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

You would have to wonder how long Spurs can hold onto Kane before some of the big boys Chelsea, City, utd even his old club Arsenal come looking maybe even a couple of the Spanish clubs throw money at Levy for him.

He 100% won't go to Chelsea or arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Kane is top class today

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

You say that as if they aren't title challengers already. They finished above Chelsea, City and United last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Wouldn't be surprised to see him take the Bale/Modric route and end up at the Bernabeu.

• Advertisement

You say that as if they aren't title challengers already. They finished above Chelsea, City and United last season.
    So did Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

blueser wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him take the Bale/Modric route and end up at the Bernabeu.

I wonder would United bid for him? Could easily afford him and would be a great signing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester

Arsenal are missing from that list.

Oh wait Spurs don't finish ahead of them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

May get Kane fitted for that United jersey already.............

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea
    May get Kane fitted for that United jersey already.............

Hopefully :p would be the perfect replacement for Zlatan.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wonder would United bid for him? Could easily afford him and would be a great signing for them.
    Not sure why he'd go to utd, TBH. Spurs are a better side than them as of now. So it wouldn't be a career-driven move. And if money is his primary interest, I'm sure Madrid could easily better whatever any English club would pay him.

Manchester United
    Alli being targeted all game and he just gets up and smiles each time looks like he learned the lesson from his first professional red card midweek

Not sure why he'd go to utd, TBH. Spurs are a better side than them as of now. So it wouldn't be a career-driven move. And if money is his primary interest, I'm sure Madrid could easily better whatever any English club would pay him.

United will clearly surpass Spurs within a season or two. Form wise at the minute, they already are.

United will clearly surpass Spurs within a season or two. Form wise at the minute, they already are.
    Moving to a club on the basis of what might happen in x seasons' time is a risky move. Yes; utd might overtake Spurs in a season or two. I'm not saying they wont. But then again, they might not. Impossible to predict that with any certainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Arsenal are missing from that list.

I'm aware of that, but they performed better than a majority of teams you consider the "big boys".

This season, they've beaten City and Chelsea. Yes, they've also lost to Utd and Liverpool.
    My point is that they aren't a lesser team these days and don't belong in a lower bracket of teams. They are competitive and in the mix with the teams you mentioned.

He'd go to United to win trophies and for a big wage increase. He'd have way more opportunities to win with united than Spurs.

For the last three years Spurs have been better. No way will Spurs stay ahead of United in the coming years though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stoke have a decent squad with a few talents and yet seem to get thumped every time they meet a good side, is it just tactical naivity from Hughes or are they just too comfortable?

Moving to a club on the basis of what might happen in x seasons' time is a risky move. Yes; utd might overtake Spurs in a season or two. I'm not saying they wont. But then again, they might not. Impossible to predict that with any certainty.

So you think Spurs are guaranteed this stature for the forseeable future. I would lay a wager they may struggle to get a Champ League place after this season.
    Kane would also be moving to a club to help achieve this revival. He wouldn't be going to sit on his *rse and wait for medals to come his way. Players assume challenges. He will be guaranteed a monster wage to assume this challenge and to play with top players and a top coach.

How is this risky???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea
    Stoke have a decent squad with a few talents and yet seem to get thumped every time they meet a good side, is it just tactical naivity from Hughes or are they just too comfortable?

They have a midfield of Whelan and Adam which has much mobility as an oil tanker

If Kane keeps this up he could move whereever he likes in the summer, Spurs wages won't be enough to keep him and whatever about Utd underperfoming thier potential remains much greater

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    They have a midfield of Whelan and Adam which has much mobility as an oil tanker

So they are "comfortable"! :)

Manchester United
    Hope winks scores or next one

We want 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

If Kane keeps this up he could move whereever he likes in the summer, Spurs wages won't be enough to keep him and whatever about Utd underperfoming thier potential remains much greater
    Kane signed a contract until 2022. There is absolutely no chance of him leaving Spurs this summer.

So you think Spurs are guaranteed this stature for the forseeable future. I would lay a wager they may struggle to get a Champ League place after this season.
    Kane would also be moving to a club to help achieve this revival. He wouldn't be going to sit on his *rse and wait for medals to come his way. Players assume challenges. He will be guaranteed a monster wage to assume this challenge and to play with top players and a top coach.

How is this risky???
    It's risky because of what I said earlier. You obviously think that Utd are going to come good again. Fine. I have no problem with that. They have improved under JM. I would lay a similar wager that, back in the early nineties, no Liverpool fan would believe they'd be waiting nearly 30 years for their next league title. No one knows for sure what will happen. Anyway; I'm not on here looking to have an argument with anyone. I was just stating my opinion that Kane could well end up at Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He'll leave within the next 2 years. He'll eventually get sick of bottling the league and Europe.

• Advertisement

It's risky because of what I said earlier. You obviously think that Utd are going to come good again. Fine. I have no problem with that. They have improved under JM. I would lay a similar wager that, back in the early nineties, no Liverpool fan would believe they'd be waiting nearly 30 years for their next league title. No one knows for sure what will happen. Anyway; I'm not on here looking to have an argument with anyone. I was just stating my opinion that Kane could well end up at Madrid.

The difference between Liverpool in the early 90s and United now is United have a near unlimited supply of funds.

They can afford to pay huge fees and astronomical wages. They can sign whoever they want if the player wants to come.

The difference between Liverpool in the early 90s and United now is United have a near unlimited supply of funds.

They can afford to pay huge fees and astronomical wages. They can sign whoever they want if the player wants to come.
    Throwing money at it hasn't worked yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lukker- wrote: »

It's been great fun though for opposing fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

How is this risky???

Kane will not be going to United, dream on with that one.

He'll leave within the next 2 years. He'll eventually get sick of bottling the league and Europe.

Want a wager on that??

That is a different debate though that me and you were engaging in (from what I gathered), ie your point that "why would he leave a club like Spurs for United, due to the fact Spurs performed better last season" (not exact words, of course!)?
    I am not looking for an argument either! It is merely debating a point, don't read too much into it! The Real Madrid point is different, again a potential move but on the law of averages, most British players don't leave the country.

KingdomYid wrote: »

Want a wager on that??

Spurs to keep bottling or Kane to leave within 2 years?

Either way, sure :)

There was no clear plan before. I'd assume that's all changed now with Jose in place.

Kane will not be going to United, dream on with that one.

Probably his most likely destination. Either United, City (ugh) or Real. I can't see why not? Where is your reasoning as to why he would definitely not :confused:

My prediction 80 million fee

Manchester United

Which basically is why football is broken

• Advertisement

Kane signed a contract until 2022. There is absolutely no chance of him leaving Spurs this summer.

All the more reason he may go arguably! Long contract = guaranteed monster fee.

Probably his most likely destination. Either United, City (ugh) or Real. I can't see why not? Where is your reasoning as to why he would definitely not :confused:

He'll go for more than that. Levy will get every penny out if whoever comes in for him.

My guess would be United for £100m, City have Jesus, Ienacho (spelling) and Augero so not really sure if they'd stump up the required fee.

That is a different debate though that me and you were engaging in (from what I gathered), ie your point that "why would he leave a club like Spurs for United, due to the fact Spurs performed better last season" (not exact words, of course!)?
    I am not looking for an argument either! It is merely debating a point, don't read too much into it! The Real Madrid point is different, again a potential move but on the law of averages, most British players don't leave the country.
    My original post was something along the lines of him taking the Bale/Modric route to the Bernabeu. Someone then quoted that, saying that he might end up at utd. That's how I was drawn into that particular debate. Go back a page or so and check my posts if you don't believe me. I wasn't having a pop, whatever you might want to believe. FWIW, he won't come to us either. I'd rather one or two of their defenders, to be honest!

Which basically is why football is broken

United invested heavily in the late 90s in their brand, structure and commercial images and are reaping the rewards now.

They are a well run company and do not have a billion dollar financier to bankroll everything. I don't see anything wrong with what they do.

My prediction is that he will stay and become the clubs all time leading goalscorer as he is Spurs through and through :)

My prediction is that he will stay and become the clubs all time leading goalscorer as he is Spurs through and through :)

Was Kane not at Arsenal for a time or am i mixing that up?

My original post was something along the lines of him taking the Bale/Modric route to the Bernabeu. Someone then quoted that, saying that he might end up at utd. That's how I was drawn into that particular debate. Go back a page or so and check my posts if you don't believe me. I wasn't having a pop, whatever you might want to believe. FWIW, he won't come to us either. I'd rather one or two of their defenders, to be honest!

I didn't think you were having a pop!! You shouldn't read so much into this!

Maybe when he was 11 but has been at Spurs since he was 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

All the more reason he may go arguably! Long contract = guaranteed monster fee.
    They'd also be guaranteed a huge transfer fee in the summer of 2019 which would be a more likely time for him to go if he ever does go. Spurs won't cash in when they're building a team capable of challenging for the league. Kane also comes across as a very mature, fairly intelligent guy. Raheem Sterling he is not.

• Advertisement

No that was Kanu......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement