Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Chelsea
    I'm watching game wrong game by the sound of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Chelsea should have a peno there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Manchester United
    Obvious handball stops a Chelsea goal, no penalty given. Yay for no video officiating.

Manchester United
    Chelsea playing well here, Cesc and Eden on the same wavelength.

Manchester United
    Palace lead but excellent performance from Chelsea in that half, denied by some poor finishing, some good saves and some bad refereeing.

Hazard is a joy to watch, he's on a whole other level to any other player in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone see ndidis strike?

Goal of the month so far :pac:

Manchester United
    Courtois big save, he's having a fantastic season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    Eric dier he scores when he likes !

Awful defending from Burnley but we were due some luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Huge 3 pts for Spurs considering the Chelsea result, injuries and Burnley being pretty sh*t hot at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    Big Sam's mouth and head is going to get a lot bigger after that result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Didn't see the game, so I'm in the dark here. The referee decided on a minimum of seven minutes injury time at Stamford Bridge today, yet he ended up adding 11 minutes on. What happened in stoppage time to warrant the extra 4 minutes? Injury?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Just looking at the remaining fixtures, it's not unlikely that Spurs could at least give Chelsea a late challenge for the title. That said, Spurs late challenge for the title when they finished third is still fresh in the memory plus they've no Kane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Chelsea would have to really **** the bed and Spurs would have to win all their games.

Possible, but not likely.

I can't see them beating both Utd and Arsenal at home, never mind Chelsea away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Gbear wrote: »
    I can't see them beating both Utd and Arsenal at home, never mind Chelsea away.

Spurs already played chelsea twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    blueser wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, so I'm in the dark here. The referee decided on a minimum of seven minutes injury time at Stamford Bridge today, yet he ended up adding 11 minutes on. What happened in stoppage time to warrant the extra 4 minutes? Injury?

I think sako picked up a bad injury himself in the 96th odd min. He went down and the ref added more for the stoppage

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    I think sako picked up a bad injury himself in the 96th odd min. He went down and the ref added more for the stoppage
    Thanks for the clarification.

Spurs already played chelsea twice

Ah.. FA cup it was. Thought I was going mental for second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yes?

Stop being smart, he was just wondering why the "minimum " minutes stretched to the 11 minutes. To go beyond the minimum by 4 minutes would signal an event had to have occurred during the time added on to justify it.

It was a fair question. And he was given a fair answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Another great win for spurs yesterday. Alli is far and away the best current English player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another great win for spurs yesterday. Alli is far and away the best current English player.

Really? I would have thought Kane was better in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Manchester United
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Really? I would have thought Kane was better in fairness.

Yuup kane, ali and lallana for me are englands best at the moment.

Very impressed with spurs win yesterday. They were patient and took their chances when they came

ricero wrote: »
    Yuup kane, ali and lallana for me are englands best at the moment.

Very impressed with spurs win yesterday. They were patient and took their chances when they came

Alli is a good player alright. Would have liked it of the deal had been done at Liverpool. If rumours are true everything was agreed but the wages. Apparently Liverpool really low balled there.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Alli is a good player alright. Would have liked it of the deal had been done at Liverpool. If rumours are true everything was agreed but the wages. Apparently Liverpool really low balled there.

Gob****es.

Penny wise pound foolish is the chief motto for Liverpool's transfer business from 2010-2014.

Gbear wrote: »
    Gob****es.

Penny wise pound foolish is the chief motto for Liverpool's transfer business from 2010-2014.

Looking back now it's easy to say that, Alli could have just as easily not pushed on. Still i believe the should have taken the chance, the money wouldn't have been that much to the likes of Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Post deleted, had avoided the match thread and didn't realise the video was posted there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Nothing against Arsenal but I really really hope Man City absolutely hammer Arsenal today by 6 or 7 if possible and it finally puts an end to Wenger .The whole Wenger stays/out situation is getting ****ing tiresome at this stage and something needs to end it once and for all.

Manchester United
    Tough one to call so I won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice start.

Manchester United
    Oopsie, Sane scores within 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Well in Leroy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Sane was a bargain

Arsenal seeing more of the ball now. We need to be more careful with the ball, and take any chances that come our way.

How the fcuk was that not a foul by Walcott?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How the fcuk was that not a foul by Walcott?

Think Marriner has a money on Arsenal.

Manchester United
    Xhaka's idol must be Scholes.

All Arsenal now.
    :(

That sums up perfectly what it's like being a City fan. Despair, then joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Very similar to the derby yesterday. Everton score from a corner then Liverpool run up the other end and immediately make it 2-1.

• Advertisement

Why is that not a yellow card for Welbeck? Deliberate handball.

Shoddy defending yet again.

Yet another penalty we haven't been awarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wonder where Shaw will end up next. He's done at United anyway after Mourinho's latest comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Johner wrote: »
    Wonder where Shaw will end up next. He's done at United anyway after Mourinho's latest comments.

Wouldn't mind seeing him at Everton, I think that's his level at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gavlor wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing him at Everton, I think that's his level at the moment

Would probably be the right type of move for him at this stage. United could probably recoup most of money they spent on him and add in some sort of buy back clause if he manages to turns it around. You'd imagine he could go for about £25million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    I'm surprised the Moyes comments about slapping the female reporter arent more widespread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm surprised the Moyes comments about slapping the female reporter arent more widespread.

Just heard it there. Harmless tongue in cheek remark in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Just heard it there. Harmless tongue in cheek remark in my opinion.

In todays PC age everything is taken as literal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

More than harmless imo. It helps absolutely no one to make remarks like that. The 'even though your a woman' stuff is stone age really. It's gone from things being offensive now to nothing is offensive because everything is supposedly PC and is explained away because of that. Last thing female sports reporters need is crap like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Johner wrote: »
    Would probably be the right type of move for him at this stage. United could probably recoup most of money they spent on him and add in some sort of buy back clause if he manages to turns it around. You'd imagine he could go for about £25million.

Dont see a sale, I think he will leave on loan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement