Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    Deserved goal from hammers

Dembele on to save the league

Plenty of time left coys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Did Lanzini actually just get booked for making the crossed hammers sign????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    Wakey wakey spurs.

Manchester United
    Get brain dead Walker off

Manchester United
    Son loves a sly nutmeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Need a goal? Here comes Vincent Janssen! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Tottenham
    The above posts prove how ridiculous it is that there isn't a spurs thread in the main soccer forum . Clogging up another thread .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

WTF Pooch doing with them subs :confused:

No structure to the Spurs team now

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

martyos121 wrote: »
    Need a goal? Here comes Vincent Janssen! :pac:
    Just the type of player that would get one against us. We're quite generaous to teams/managers/players that are going through a tough time.

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Get brain dead Walker off

Luckly, Man Utd gonna sign him for £38 Million

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ffs should be 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs are choking.

Manchester United
    Spurs will definitely have a player sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Very good save but a pro footballer shouldn't miss that chance

Manchester United
    Multiball ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Quality ball control from the West Ham fans there.

Manchester United
    cjmc wrote: »
    The above posts prove how ridiculous it is that there isn't a spurs thread in the main soccer forum . Clogging up another thread .

The clue is in the thread title captain exclusion.
    It's the only game on a Friday night and it's not just spurs fans who are following the title run in

???

Manchester United
    Alli coming to the boil.

We were 1 up going into the last minute of the reverse fixture and ended up losing. We tend to fcuk things up against Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We were 1 up going into the last minute of the reverse fixture and ended up losing. We tend to fcuk things up against Spurs.

I dunno looks like it's not their day, they have been on a long winning streak so it's got to end someday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea
    The auld fellas a Hammers fan, needless to say hes pretty happy but dreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spursy

I am not a Spurs fan but the sad thing is that this result will fuel the 1diots that call Spurs bottlers for another year! It couldn't be anyway further to the truth the way this season panned out!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The auld fellas a Hammers fan, needless to say hes pretty happy but dreading it.
    Da fcuk did he go wrong with you???
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    Spurs doing a Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Spursy

Spurs gunna Spurs.

Manchester United
    Noble's played a blinder, shocking tackle aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Tottenham
    The clue is in the thread title captain exclusion.
    It's the only game on a Friday night and it's not just spurs fans who are following the title run in

EXACTLY !!!! So why is there not a spurs thread in the main soccer forum ? We ALL are following the league not just Liverpool/ Utd/ Chelsea etc and reading bits of these threads when warranted are the lifeblood of the forum .
    Having a GENERAL pl thread is exactly that , for general / non specific/ not club based opinions.
    I'd loved to have followed a match/ spurs thread as a football fan but .....

Chelsea
    Da fcuk did he go wrong with you???
    :pac:

Ive uncles that are Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds and Man Utd fans, lots of links to England.

Chelsea seemed to annoy him the most, hence that was the team for me to pick. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The lack of urgency from Spurs in general tonight is quite strange.They didn't play like a team fighting for their lives in a title race, Kane and Alli were basically non existent tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's the title race confirmed as over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Johner wrote:
    Spurs gunna Spurs.

London Derby never gonna be an easy game.
    Dunno why they look so deflated, title was gone long before tonight.

Getting quite enjoyable wrecking Spurs' title hopes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tottenham
    Easy money West ham were a huge price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester
    I have to say there is something great seeing Alli with a big sad head on him.

I can't explain adequately just how bad that was from Spurs.

They couldn't even handle the pressure of trying to get within a point of Chelsea.

Getting into the position to challenge is one thing. It means you're a very good team. To actually handle the pressure of potentially getting to the top when it matters is a whole other story.

Manchester United
    Hard luck spurs, nowt left in the tank.

The lack of urgency from Spurs in general tonight is quite strange.They didn't play like a team fighting for their lives in a title race, Kane and Alli were basically non existent tonight.

The title race if there was one ended last week when Everton rolled over. 4 point deficate was never going to be overtaken in 3 games in such a poor league.

• Advertisement

Tottenham
    I am not a Spurs fan but the sad thing is that this result will fuel the 1diots that call Spurs bottlers for another year! It couldn't be anyway further to the truth the way this season panned out!

Ya totally agree with you this bottler expression seems to be thrown out anytime a team loses a big game lately.

ERG89 wrote: »
    The title race if there was one ended last week when Everton rolled over. 4 point deficate was never going to be overtaken in 3 games in such a poor league.

Last week was the end probably but you never know.Get within 1 point and then there is a bit of pressure on Chelsea.

Spurs players mentioned during the week about having a great chance to put pressure on Chelsea and yet they didn't turn up tonight.

Manchester United
    West ham won their cup final!

Well deserved but spurs can hold their heads high on another night we would have scored 3

Still our best finish in the pl era and I would fancy us to hammer Manu in our last dead rubber game

Tottenham
    SlickRic wrote: »
    I can't explain adequately just how bad that was from Spurs.

They couldn't even handle the pressure of trying to get within a point of Chelsea.

Getting into the position to challenge is one thing. It means you're a very good team. To actually handle the pressure of potentially getting to the top when it matters is a whole other story.

In fairness they handled the pressure of beating arsenal on Sunday after watching Chelsea win. The premier league is so tough, you can perform at 100% every week.

EXACTLY !!!! So why is there not a spurs thread in the main soccer forum ? We ALL are following the league not just Liverpool/ Utd/ Chelsea etc and reading bits of these threads when warranted are the lifeblood of the forum .
    Having a GENERAL pl thread is exactly that , for general / non specific/ not club based opinions.
    I'd loved to have followed a match/ spurs thread as a football fan but .....

Do you have something you want to post here! Or are you just posting to tell others what can be posted and not posted!!

Most matches don't have match threads, I couldn't give a flying fcku if Spurs fans want to have a secret thread all to their own! Its a Friday night Premier League game between 2 Premier League teams, few Premier League fans enjoying the Premier League game and commenting in the Premier League thread!

Th excessive praise of Spurs is getting tiresome also.

They received ridiculous amounts of praise despite not having won anything and flopping in europe.

They had a great chance to win the league last year and didn't take advantage and they drew way too many games at the start of this season.they aren't going to have too many more chances of winning it as the league is not going to be as poor as it has been in the last couple of seasons.

• Advertisement

Tonight was abject.

It wasn't a bottle job, but it was the one time they could really ask a question of Chelsea by getting close, and they failed.

Chelsea
    They kept us very honest but the win against Everton from us last week was huge.

We only need 2 wins and we play Bor and WBA before Spurs play again.

Looking like its all but done now after that.

West ham won their cup final!

Well deserved but spurs can hold their heads high on another night we would have scored 3

Still our best finish in the pl era and I would fancy us to hammer Manu in our last dead rubber game

In fairness West Ham should have scored at least 2 themselves. Calleri should easily have scored from six yards.
    I doubt he was holding his head high after that.

Title race over,

Can't see Chelsea droping many points in their last few games.

As a Spurs fan, I can't get my head around that performance.

Sure West Ham were excellent in defence, but they always posed a threat throughout the game.

Why Pooch started with Dembele on the bench, I dunno

No creativity in midfield,

Alli-Sonn-Kane very poor.

Walker is a very poor defender, Any time I see him play It's like a Christmas Pantomine...........I keep hearing " he's behind you"

Well done The "Happy Hammers"

Congrats Chelsea

Last week was the end probably but you never know.Get within 1 point and then there is a bit of pressure on Chelsea.

Spurs players mentioned during the week about having a great chance to put pressure on Chelsea and yet they didn't turn up tonight.

Chelsea have Boro, West Brom & Watford. Bar Sunderland you couldn't handpick a better 3 to play. One is a turkey & the other 2 are on the beach already.
    Spurs were saying that but really Everton was the last hard fixture for Chelsea. 9 wins on the bounce it was always going to be hard to keep that going to 12.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement