Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Chelsea
    blueser wrote: »
    Definitely offside. But we've had enough ropey decisions go against us, so I'll take it. As for that penalty tackle, it was ludicrous.

But that's the thing (and its the same with some fans at just about every club), they remember all the decisions that go against them but quickly forget those that go in their favour. And you hear about officials out to get them, favouritism towards other clubs, etc. When realistically decisions usually balance themselves out over the course of a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

But that's the thing (and its the same with some fans at just about every club), they remember all the decisions that go against them but quickly forget those that go in their favour. And you hear about officials out to get them, favouritism towards other clubs, etc. When realistically decisions usually balance themselves out over the course of a season.

A

I

G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Looks like we're still in the dressing room.
    :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Jesus looks constantly confused :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"get off the pitch ref!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    Naughty by Fernadinho. Coming across the player with his elbow raised like that is just dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Arsenal
    astradave wrote: »
    Naughty by Fernadinho. Coming across the player with his elbow raised like that is just dangerous

Disgraceful 'tackle'.

elefant wrote: »
    Disgraceful 'tackle'.
    It doesn't look good on the replay.

Chelsea
    It doesn't look good on the replay.

Dunno how it wasn't even a free let alone a card

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Jesus looks a right player. Reckon City will be a different animal next season with Pep being allowed to spend big this summer and bring in who he wants for foreign players you'd have to say City is prob the most attractive premier league club to move to next season with the Pep factor,champions league (they won't miss out) and big wages along with strong title contenders (can't see Chelsea doing 2 in a row and can see Conte at Inter Milan) that and if Kompany can stay fit that's where my money's going.

• Advertisement

oooooooooooooh Peno to the Foxes.

Whoops!

:pac::pac::pac: Clichy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fuchs was booked wasn't he? So why did Jesus have to leave the field of play or does that rule not exist in England? :confused:

Chelsea
    Oh Mahrez :D finally a bit of decent officiating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Never seen that before
    Double strike off the ball cause he slipped

Oh Mahrez

Wow!
    :D

Chelsea
    Oh revenge tackle, leave a mark before going off ha

• Advertisement

Well that was coming

Arsenal
    Albrighton must be disappointed he didn't get a proper connection on him there with the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Great refereeing tbf as an Arsenal fan that played with my emotions

Chelsea
    Always wondered about the double hits and while it's a free out in real time what is it in a shootout, is it a retake or deemed a miss?

I always wonder why you don't see the odd Pires/Henry "penalty" taken (without the failure of course!)

Always wondered about the double hits and while it's a free out in real time what is it in a shootout, is it a retake or deemed a miss?
    I would guess it'd be classed as a miss. The "attacker" has messed up (intentional or not); why would he get a second chance?
    *edit* that Clichy foul was outside the box, so justice was done.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    I would guess it'd be classed as a miss. The "attacker" has messed up (intentional or not); why would he get a second chance?

yeah true...

In real time I though it was outside, the replay angles they showed initially made it look inside and the. That shows it outside so really shows how hard a decision it was to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Manchester United

It'd be like hitting the post and putting in the rebound ie a miss.

Definitely offside. But we've had enough ropey decisions go against us, so I'll take it. As for that penalty tackle, it was ludicrous.

C'mon Leicester.

C_tX5NWXoAE4u83.jpg

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    I always wonder why you don't see the odd Pires/Henry "penalty" taken (without the failure of course!)

You would have a higher chance of scoring from a "normal" Peno. More factors come into taking that type of peno which would reduce the possibility of scoring.

Maybe when you are 3/4 nil up yeah but in a 1 goal game there is not a chance it should be risked

Horrible game. From us, anyway. Limped over the line. After being 2 up against a Leicester side missing their 2 first choice CBs.

Not sure what your point is. Care to explain?

Chelsea
    Horrible game. From us, anyway. Limped over the line. After being 2 up against a Leicester side missing their 2 first choice CBs.

A win is a win at this stage of the season..

You would have a higher chance of scoring from a "normal" Peno. More factors come into taking that type of peno which would reduce the possibility of scoring.

Maybe when you are 3/4 nil up yeah but in a 1 goal game there is not a chance it should be risked

Of course.......

That is the downright logic of it! You don't need to explain that to me!

But the element of surprise cannot be underestimated and if something has been practiced to a tee on the training ground will inevitably increase that probability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Again a reason for introducing video refs, Sunderland denied a stonewall penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    I goes against my every footballing fiber but come on Stoke!

Chelsea
    Wahey wonder if it was the same crowd that funded the moyes out one :D

davycc wrote: »
    I goes against my every footballing fiber but come on Stoke!
    Same here. Hoping for a Stoke/West Ham/Spurs triple this weekend. And I still haven't forgiven Spurs for 1981, but needs must!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

An Arsenal win here would be great for the neutrals that have no horse in the top four race. It would really put the pressure on Liverpool tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    An Arsenal win here would be great for the neutrals that have no horse in the top four race. It would really put the pressure on Liverpool tomorrow.
    Good point, that.

Paully D wrote: »

In fairness to Liverpool this season, they seem to perform worse when there is less pressure on them!
    They will probably clean up tomorrow, knowing how this season has gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    Giroud smuggles one over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Giroud! Arsenal 1 up

For me Giroud is better than Sanchez, always tries his best aswell and doesnt constantly go around in a thick "Im Gods gift" mood

Arsenal
    irishman86 wrote: »
    For me Giroud is better than Sanchez, always tries his best aswell and doesnt constantly go around in a thick "Im Gods gift" mood

I'd be surprised if one person on here would agree with you. Alexis is clearly miles better.

elefant wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if one person on here would agree with you. Alexis is clearly miles better.

I dont see it, what exactly does he do to make you say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Manchester United
    His talent is far superior for one

Arsenal
    irishman86 wrote: »
    I dont see it, what exactly does he do to make you say that

He's superior in just about every facet of the game, apart from aerial ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

For me Giroud applies his abilities better, but Sanchez has so much more natural ability that he's still by far the better player. Sanchez's numbers slightly mask the negatives of his game though, if he was to leave and go play for City/Chelsea I doubt he'd get away with losing the ball 20 times a game there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement