Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That Diouf lad up front for Stoke wouldn't get a game for Cobh Ramblers. He's been hopeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Re Relegation Last Place:

Fair dues to Swansea, showing tremendous spirit at the minute. 3 wins and a draw in the last 4 games yet still not safe.

Palace v Hull could be a fierce game tomorrow afternoon. Hull need a win and Palace can't afford to lose also.

If it comes to the last game of the season (ie if Palace lose), there could be a bit of "controversy" as Jose has already said he is putting out a much weakened team against Palace.

Swansea have West Brom and Hull have Spurs (who probably may not even have an extra position to play for) on the day so I hope Hull win and make it interesting!

irishman86 wrote: »
    For me Giroud is better than Sanchez, always tries his best aswell and doesnt constantly go around in a thick "Im Gods gift" mood

P1ss take??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    His talent is far superior for one
    I dont agree with that at all. Giroud has a amazing touch, brilliant at holding up the ball, far stronger
    elefant wrote: »
    He's superior in just about every facet of the game, apart from aerial ability.
    Not true Giroud has better control, better finishing in the box.
    For me Giroud applies his abilities better, but Sanchez has so much more natural ability that he's still by far the better player. Sanchez's numbers slightly mask the negatives of his game though, if he was to leave and go play for City/Chelsea I doubt he'd get away with losing the ball 20 times a game there.
    I just dont see Sanchez at being that much better in natural ability, like you said he gives the ball away constantly. For me hes a terrible team player, people say hes a better player but look at the stats and he really isnt.
    If he leaves Arsenal it will be Barcelona all over again where they saw him as a impact sub for most of his time there

I also don't buy this tabloid and poor pundit forced mantra that Sanchez is lazy and disinterested this season. God knows where Arsenal would lie in the table without him!

• Advertisement

I also don't buy this tabloid and poor pundit forced mantra that Sanchez is lazy and disinterested this season. God knows where Arsenal would lie in the table without him!
    Have you been watching Arsenal, because if you have you can quiet clearly see it on his face
    Ill be actually shocked if he doesnt move on this summer
    I see him linked to PSG, for me its the only super club who will sign him

P1ss take??

Nope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

If it comes to the last game of the season (ie if Palace lose), there could be a bit of "controversy" as Jose has already said he is putting out a much weakened team against Palace.
    Just make sure you get enough points during the season so as not to be relying on others. No controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

What a goal, Ozil! 2 - 0

Brilliant goal all around

• Advertisement

Have you been watching Arsenal, because if you have you can quiet clearly see it on his face
    Ill be actually shocked if he doesnt move on this summer
    I see him linked to PSG, for me its the only super club who will sign him

Would I have made the statement if I hadn't!! :D Yes, there are times he looks disillusioned and frustrated but it is highly exacerbated in the media with every time he frowns an article is wrote about him! And when he smiles, we are told he doesn't care either!
    There is probably no doubt he will move, even if Arsenal get Champ League but, as I said, this obsession about his body language and facial expressions is tedious.
    He is playing in a poorly organised team at present so when they are not performing players like him and Ozil get the blame.

Great pass by him there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If he leaves Arsenal it will be Barcelona all over again where they saw him as a impact sub for most of his time there

I do agree with this. I don't think he'd end up a nailed on starter for most of the clubs you'd consider in a bracket above Arsenal.

Just make sure you get enough points during the season so as not to be relying on others. No controversy.

Oh, the controversy will be from the media who may not have much else to talk about on the last day! The opposition teams know the score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

blueser wrote: »
    Same here. Hoping for a Stoke/West Ham/Spurs triple this weekend. And I still haven't forgiven Spurs for 1981, but needs must!
    So much for that!

How did Diouf not score there. Certain tap in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

jamescd wrote: »
    How did Diouf not score there. Certain tap in

Way tougher than it looked, he did well to get it anywhere near the goal, it was that much behind him.

Would I have made the statement if I hadn't!! :D Yes, there are times he looks disillusioned and frustrated but it is highly exacerbated in the media with every time he frowns an article is wrote about him! And when he smiles, we are told he doesn't care either!
    There is probably no doubt he will move, even if Arsenal get Champ League but, as I said, this obsession about his body language and facial expressions is tedious.
    He is playing in a poorly organised team at present so when they are not performing players like him and Ozil get the blame.

Great pass by him there!

Youd be surprised how much people would make the comment :pac:
    I dont blame him for Arsenal not performing, to blame one player for anything is idiotic. Its similar to people blaming Ronaldo/Messi when any side they are on lose.
    For me he has signed a contract its not up to a club to jump to what ever whim he wants. I think if he really had the talent/winners attitude hes supposed to have he would be leave his displays of arrogance for another time.
    Such as the summer when he could get a move, doing it a year in advance is just for me once again a player who thinks he is better than he is

Classic Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Absolutely dreadful play.....goal...okay
    Handball too :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭ongarite

Crouch with a handball goal

• Advertisement

Stoke back in it with a handball goal

Dean is beyond useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

He's no giroud :pac: :pac: :pac:

The fightback ended quick. 3 - 1 Arsenal now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shawcross turning his back on the ball, bliss.

He really couldn't give a f**k about Arsenal, could he! Even when injured!

The commentator just said perfect position placement :pac:
    This is why I watch Canadian streams, they just hilarious

batistuta9 wrote: »
    He's no giroud :pac: :pac: :pac:

A deflected goal, right
    Lol

The commentator just said perfect position placement :pac:
    This is why I watch Canadian streams, they just hilarious

Sky sports 1 is on cricfree if you don't have Sky. I am watching on Mobdro

• Advertisement

He really couldn't give a f**k about Arsenal, could he! Even when injured!

:pac::pac:
    Giroud 2
    Sanchez 1
    I love the way Wenger was like dude run it off

Giroud scores again. Getting ugly for stoke, could be more in this for Arsenal.

A deflected goal, right

Ah, come on! That is the sort of thing Golden Miller would say about Ronaldo! You are better than that! :D He got lucky but it was a fantastic effort to make that goal!

• Chelsea
    Arsenal to pip Liverpool for 4th....
    Would make me lolz

Ah, come on! That is the sort of thing Golden Miller would say about Ronaldo! You are better than that! :D He got lucky but it was a fantastic effort to make that goal!

Pfft TGM learned to say stupid stuff, I was born saying stupid stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Tottenham
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Arsenal to pip Liverpool for 4th....
    Would make me lolz

It would be amazing when you consider where Arsenal have come from this season. Serious pressure on Liverpool tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There was a time when both were at Bari that Ranocchia was rated as high if not higher than Bonucci.... 0_0

Palace 1 up after 3 minutes. Hull look doomed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Davie Provan: " You can't legislate for the mistake Ranocchia just made".

Yes you can Davie as a bone headed error like that seemed to be a fairly regular event for Ranocchia when he played for Inter.You play Ranocchia and there is always the chance something like that will happen, I'm amazed he's been so error free so far in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Manchester United
    Bad season for the North East.

When it's not going for you, it really isn't going for you. A corner that shouldn't have been, clear handball by Zaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea
    And that's a Peno against Puncheon in the wall!

Going to be a really ****e final day to the season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Markovic is a big loss for Hull, if Silva was there earlier they would have been mid table imo. Silva would be a good bet for any PL team, he will probably go back to Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Markovic is a big loss for Hull, if Silva was there earlier they would have been mid table imo. Silva would be a good bet for any PL team, he will probably go back to Europe

Southampton far from impressed with Puel.

Possibly only the remaining CL spots up for grabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea

He'll bring them straight back up if they listen to him and allow him to bring in his own players but thats IF he decides to stay with them.

His stock is high enough, IMO, to get another role elsewhere, maybe even the PL.

Only another bomb scare at Old Trafford maybe to grab a headline!

scare, not actual bomb just to avoid the faux outrage that may be spewed my way!! !

blueser wrote: »
    Possibly only the remaining CL spots up for grabs.

And if that just boils down to a battle between Arsenal and Liverpool for the last spot then who really cares.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Manchester United
    And if that just boils down to a battle between Arsenal and Liverpool for the last spot then who really cares.

Diddums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea

Liverpool and Arsenal fans?

Do I win a prize?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement