Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

davycc wrote: »
    Spurs 5 nil up Kane hatrick

How many hat-tricks is it now?

*Had a quick search, looks like 4 for this year. 2/3s of the hat-tricks scored in 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    How many hat-tricks is it now?

I read on Facebook he has scored more hatricks the mighty ronaldo and loads of other "top class"

I'll see if I can find the quote again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I read on Facebook he has scored more hatricks the mighty ronaldo and loads of other "top class"

I'll see if I can find the quote again

I think it's 6 hatricks this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Tottenham
    Spurs are some team. Shame they are moving to Wembley next season. I think it'll upset them a bit and it could cost them a league title.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Manchester United
    Berserker wrote: »
    Spurs are some team. Shame they are moving to Wembley next season. I think it'll upset them a bit and it could cost them a league title.

Given their form at Wembley it could cost them a top 10 place!

• Advertisement

Play like we did in the fa cup against chelsea and i think we'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

We'll see if Kane is any good in the proven fourth season. Fourth season syndrome and all that. Nothing but unproven hype until then.

:pac:

Seriously though what a player. Keeps getting better every year. I hope they can hold onto himself and Alli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manchester United
    SuprSi wrote: »
    I think it's 6 hatricks this season

Kane has scored as many pl hatricks as ronaldo, bergkamp, Zola,Costa and cantona combined!

Tottenham
    Play like we did in the fa cup against chelsea and i think we'll be fine.

You lost that game. :D Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you win the league with that team.

You lost that game. :D Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you win the league with that team.

no **** watson, played really well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So after Spurs finished 3rd in a two horse race last season nice to see the Manchester clubs topping it and finish 3rd and 6th in a two horse race that was just for them going by all the experts at the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Kane has scored as many pl hatricks as ronaldo, bergkamp, Zola,Costa and cantona combined!

Only Costa of those is a goalscorer though, and Ronaldo for maybe 2 seasons. Fairly cherrypicked stat that one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Chelsea might have the trophy, but Spurs are the best team in the league. If both had been in europe this year, or both out of it, Spurs would won the PL I'm certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pochettino could have scored today against Hull by the look of it :pac:
    13 in 2 games for them on the road, had to laugh at Alan Smith saying in the premier league the teams are always honest & trying :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Chelsea might have the trophy, but Spurs are the best team in the league. If both had been in europe this year, or both out of it, Spurs would won the PL I'm certain.

Chelsea having the trophy means they are the best team in the league, by definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This sh*t again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I'd prefer watch spurs no doubt. If they are the best team in the league then why did they finish second?
    Nonsensical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Lukker- wrote: »
    This sh*t again.

I'm a Spurs fan and I find it cringeworthy. Chelsea won it. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I'm a Spurs fan and I find it cringeworthy. Chelsea won it. End of.

Chelsea topped it so they deserve it, but give me Spurs any day of the week to watch best footballing team and yes I am biased :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Chelsea
    If Spurs are the best team in the league, then this season is just another choke, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Terry coming off in the 26th minute (his jersey number) is the most pathetic, cringeworthy thing I have ever seen! As much as I dislike the guy, I thought he would have had a bit more in him than that nonsense!

It was an utter embarrassment.

No, they're not. It's literally a proven fact that they're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The world is not going to miss John Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Didn't know he died. RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just read on Twitter that the Chelsea PA announcer was gloating over Arsenal not qualifying for the CL, and about Koscielny being banned for the cup final. That's not true, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

blueser wrote: »
    Just read on Twitter that the Chelsea PA announcer was gloating over Arsenal not qualifying for the CL, and about Koscielny being banned for the cup final. That's not true, surely?

Have it on but couldn't hear what he was saying over the commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The world is not going to miss John Terry.

I can't imagine even the Chelsea players will miss him.

Their wives on the other hand...

Yeah, it was a bit strange, that was the first thing heard when sky switched over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

'This isn't Hollywood' - Terry's guard of honour bemuses pundits.

Final Score pundits Kevin Kilbane, Martin Keown and Garth Crooks seem bemused after Chelsea captain John Terry is granted a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge during their Premier League match against Sunderland.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39992689

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/866314092901879810

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Yeah, it was a bit strange, that was the first thing heard when sky switched over.
    Wow. You'd expect fans to take the mick when their rivals fall flat on their faces. We all do it. But I'm surprised the club's official PA announcer has done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Manchester United
    He's a character alright, too few of them left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mourinho in a strop again.

zerks wrote: »
    'This isn't Hollywood' - Terry's guard of honour bemuses pundits.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39992689

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/866314092901879810

I wish the ref just booked everyone for time wasting. There's a football match taking place and they're at that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Chelsea

What now?

Wow. You'd expect fans to take the mick when their rivals fall flat on their faces. We all do it. But I'm surprised the club's official PA announcer has done it.

Yeah, and we missed the start. Basically, when sky cut over, the announcer was saying how Arsenal have missed out on top 4, crowd gave a lackluster cheer, then he said how they got a red card so Koscielny would miss the Fa Cup final, lackluster cheer.

• Advertisement

Tottenham

What's wrong with him now? He could end the season with CL football and two trophies and he is still moaning. Not surprised to hear about the Chelsea PA. Recall him saying something smart about Rafa Benitez when he was sacked. What odds on Terry doing a 'Wolf of Wall Street', 'I'm not leaving' speech?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

John Terry arranged the guard of honour himself.Really does tell you a lot about him.The fact that the other players went along with is fairly embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

John Terry arranged the guard of honour himself.

Shows how much they thought of him.....I shudder to ask but Sunderland didn't take part. They can't sink lower than they have managed to this year but I'm curious.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Shows how much they thought of him.....I shudder to ask but Sunderland didn't take part. They can't sink lower than they have managed to this year but I'm curious.

By all accounts, Moyes said afterwards that they agreed to kick the ball out in the 26th minute to allow Chelsea commence with the embarrassing charade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Spurs on their day are better than chelsea, but the league isnt a cup final, over the season chelsea were superior. Depending on the europa league united might still of had a good season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

monkey9 wrote: »
    By all accounts, Moyes said afterwards that they agreed to kick the ball out in the 26th minute to allow Chelsea commence with the embarrassing charade.

Utterly pathetic. I'd like to say that I can't believe Sunderland would agree to something like that but ya know.... Sunderland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

monkey9 wrote: »

Should be slapped with bans/points deductions for that kind of sh1te; it comes under match-fixing regulations surely? It'd be delicious seeing JT dragged up before the FA disciplinary committee one last time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sabat wrote: »
    Should be slapped with bans/points deductions for that kind of sh1te; it comes under match-fixing regulations surely? It'd be delicious seeing JT dragged up before the FA disciplinary committee one last time...

ha, sounds silly, but it kind of is, isn't it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Looking at the table there, do you think it "doesn't lie" or view that as too simplistic a take on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

ha, sounds silly, but it kind of is, isn't it!! :D

Fixing is arranging in advance the result or conduct of a match or competition, or any event within a match or competition.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/betting/match-fixing

If you wanted to take it to the extreme, a gambler/bookie with foreknowledge of this charade could have happily laid all bets concerning events (goals, bookings etc) happening between the 26th and whatever minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What is Rooney's relationship with the number 88 ??

But, seriously, was there any sort of reaction from crowd/Rooney etc when he was subbed off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What is Rooney's relationship with the number 88 ??

But, seriously, was there any sort of reaction from crowd/Rooney etc when he was subbed off?
    The age he likes in women?

If a man is punished for eating a pie on the bench in a certain minute of the game and Chelsea and Sunderland aren't for what they did, it tells you everything you need to know about the FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

martyos121 wrote: »
    If a man is punished for eating a pie on the bench in a certain minute of the game and Chelsea and Sunderland aren't for what they did, it tells you everything you need to know about the FA.

Depends if JT tolds his mates to put a bet on it

Depends if JT tolds his mates to put a bet on it

That seems far more likely. Or maybe he got Barton to do it for him. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement