Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 1 Electives Limit?

Options
  • 08-08-2016 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Going into 3rd year of Engineering here, what's the case with picking Level 1 electives? So far, all my electives from first and second year, (three in total), have been Level 1s and rumour has it that three is the limit. Surely though, as long as I get enough credits per stage, it doesn't matter what level the modules are? Does anyone have anything in writing that I can base this off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

From my understanding, you can't exceed 80 level 1 credits overall.
    There are technically no level restrictions for elective modules. However, you must take at least 100 ECTS credits of Level 2 or higher modules, 40 of which must be at Level 3 or higher, in order to graduate. Thus, if you are on a 180 ECTS credit programme, the maximum Level 0 and Level 1 credits you may take are 80 (bearing in mind the restrictions regarding Level 0 modules).

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/asug/modulesandcredits/asugtitle,39148,en.html

Advertisement