Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-fibre for Athlumney Wood Navan - When?

Options
  • 08-08-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi can you advise with an accurate date when efibre broadband will be available to residents of rowan glen athlumney wood navan county meath.  It must be 5 years now since I was first told by the end of the year since then the date keeps changing.  Currently I have TV, phone and broadband from sky and mobiles from three.  If eir had the efibre broadband I would give serious consideration to switching all of them to eir and I am sure I am not the only one.  The offer of 25 for 3 months and 70 thereafter is simply not attractive enough to switch for the same speed broadband.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi can you advise with an accurate date when efibre broadband will be available to residents of rowan glen athlumney wood navan county meath.  It must be 5 years now since I was first told by the end of the year since then the date keeps changing.  Currently I have TV, phone and broadband from sky and mobiles from three.  If eir had the efibre broadband I would give serious consideration to switching all of them to eir and I am sure I am not the only one.  The offer of 25 for 3 months and 70 thereafter is simply not attractive enough to switch for the same speed broadband.
    Hi  Chuckles1407,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    The dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.
    You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Silver76

Hi 
    Just wondering if there's any update on this and when it'll be available to the residents. Our local TD was informed in February by Eir that their contractor KNN would have all issues sorted and that Fibre powered Broadband would be available Mid-March. Its now early October!!

Then again we were told it would be live September'14, then Mid 2105 

boards.ie - When will broadband be available in Athlumney Wood, Navan dated 02.07.2014

Please advise as I work from a home office and its very frustrating at current speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chuckles1407

I just looked at the when and where map for the cabinet in Athlumney Wood it is KIC1 006 still showing Fibre Build Commenced Completion in Progress.  I believe they were working on the cabinet during the week, although the coverage map on the eir website still says within a year.   

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked for the latest information on cabinet KIC1 006.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This cabinet has landed and has been commissioned, we are just waiting for it to be energised before service is ready to order. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]According to our latest NGA deployment plan released in September we have estimated customers should be able to order service from this cabinet in the next 3-6 months. Another deployment plan should be released in the coming weeks, feel free to check back with me then. :)  [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope this helps,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Silver76

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the reply but not really the response I was hoping for. Maybe next year :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Silver76 wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the reply but not really the response I was hoping for. Maybe next year :rolleyes:
    No problem Silver76. I can understand that, fingers crossed :o

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chuckles1407

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked for the latest information on cabinet KIC1 006.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This cabinet has landed and has been commissioned, we are just waiting for it to be energised before service is ready to order. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]According to our latest NGA deployment plan released in September we have estimated customers should be able to order service from this cabinet in the next 3-6 months. Another deployment plan should be released in the coming weeks, feel free to check back with me then. :)  [/font]

Any further update on this, has a new deployment plan been released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]According to our latest NGA deployment plan released in September we have estimated customers should be able to order service from this cabinet in the next 3-6 months. Another deployment plan should be released in the coming weeks, feel free to check back with me then. :)   [/font]

Any further update on this, has a new deployment plan been released?
    Hi Chuckles1407,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've looked into this & I'm afraid there is no further news on this at the moment. Apologies I can't offer better news. If you would like to get in touch with us in the next few months we can check this again. 

Apologies,

Stacey

Advertisement