Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Rights

• 08-08-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking into a bit of research into fishing rights. I am fascinated wth the subject but seems to be a minefield. If there is anybody on here who would class themselves knowledgable on the subject, can you please pm me..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking into a bit of research into fishing rights. I am fascinated wth the subject but seems to be a minefield. If there is anybody on here who would class themselves knowledgable on the subject, can you please pm me..

It is a very interesting subject. If possible keep the discussion in this thread rather than PM as it is something that comes up frequently and I'm sure others would be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

FISHING RIGHTS...

Can you change the subject heading SeaFields? Spelling mishap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

FISHING RIGHTS...

Can you change the subject heading SeaFields? Spelling mishap!

Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I have a bit of fishing on the river blackwater

The farmer who owns the land has old maps about his boundaries etc so we fish in between them

According to the old maps we have the fishing until a stream comes in at the end of the field but with floods throughout the years the stream changed paths and now comes in half way down the field

We always fish to the end of the field as the old maps show but sometimes the people below say ur fishing stops at the stream and believe me it took alot of shouting to eventually get them to back off

We have signs up now and it's resolved but I'd imagine things like this happen all the time and maps boundaries get lost etc

popsy09 wrote: »
    I have a bit of fishing on the river blackwater

The farmer who owns the land has old maps about his boundaries etc so we fish in between them

According to the old maps we have the fishing until a stream comes in at the end of the field but with floods throughout the years the stream changed paths and now comes in half way down the field

We always fish to the end of the field as the old maps show but sometimes the people below say ur fishing stops at the stream and believe me it took alot of shouting to eventually get them to back off

We have signs up now and it's resolved but I'd imagine things like this happen all the time and maps boundaries get lost etc

Is there any free stretches on the Blackwater? The drawings that you speak are obviously folios of some sort? Also is there any register of fishing rights in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

It's free above the weir in Fermoy and i think around mallow racecourse there may be another bit but I can't confirm that

It is a complete minefield just like fishing from a bridge or travelling down the middle of a river on a kayak fishing ??

Find the topic interesting myself so will keep an eye out if I spot any info for you

popsy09 wrote: »
    It's free above the weir in Fermoy and i think around mallow racecourse there may be another bit but I can't confirm that

It is a complete minefield just like fishing from a bridge or travelling down the middle of a river on a kayak fishing ??

Find the topic interesting myself so will keep an eye out if I spot any info for you

do the free areas of the blackwater be fished or are they well known?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

do the free areas of the blackwater be fished or are they well known?

Both and there's not much in them - at least when I was there in 2014.

What about the moy lads is there free stretches to that?

Advertisement