If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 43UH661V

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

See this LG 43UH661V 43 inch 4K TV on your site.

It appears to have a 6 year warranty. How does this warranty work? Is it return to base or what?

There is also a similar model 43UH668V available from some other retailers, is there any difference between both models?

Is the 49 inch version (49UH661V)  exactly the same specification?

Any obvious alternatives in sizes 43 to 49 inch?

-Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Scrunch wrote: »
    Hi,

See this LG 43UH661V 43 inch 4K TV on your site.

It appears to have a 6 year warranty. How does this warranty work? Is it return to base or what?

There is also a similar model 43UH668V available from some other retailers, is there any difference between both models?

Is the 49 inch version (49UH661V)  exactly the same specification?

Any obvious alternatives in sizes 43 to 49 inch?

-Paul
    Hi Scrunch.

Our 6 year guarantee cover all parts and labour and due to the size it is an at home warranty. It does not cover accidental damage.
    Full terms can be viewed here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

The UH668 seems to be a currys exclusive. Both seem to be pretty much the same. Both 1200 Hz and both 4K HDR. I've checked over the 668 on the LG website and can't see any noticeable difference jumping out at me.
    Currys however only offer a 1 year warranty on this product. 

There is no difference between the 43UH661 and the 49UH661 other than the size.

There is nothing really else around the 43". Samsung have a few 40" but they may be too small for your requirements.

49" you are up an extra £100 for the Panassonic 49DX600 at £599
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/tx49dx600b/pana-tx49dx600b

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

Thanks for you help Kenny, I just put in a order for the 43" LG

Scrunch wrote: »
    Thanks for you help Kenny, I just put in a order for the 43" LG
    Hey Scrunch.

Thank you very much :)

We will pick the order up today from our website and get it sorted for you :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Actually guys here is the correct link to the Hi-fi and TV 6 year warranties ( just scroll down the page to see the TV warranty)

The T's and C's are all the same but the .ie links specifically include the ROI:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Thanks as ever guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Hi I was also looking for a tv around 43 & in relation to 661 vs 668 the only difference I saw was the 668 has voice command where the 661 doesn't , 
    Is the 750v worth the extra couple of hundred or is the 661 more than adequate . Cheers 

• Advertisement

Hi I was also looking for a tv around 43 & in relation to 661 vs 668 the only difference I saw was the 668 has voice command where the 661 doesn't , 
    Is the 750v worth the extra couple of hundred or is the 661 more than adequate . Cheers 
    Hi Hipdoobloon.

Unfortunately the 668 is not one that we have stocked but looking at the spec it does seem that is the only difference.

In terms of the 661 against the 750.
    The 661 runs at 1200Hz PMI where as the 750 runs at 1900Hz PMI - giving a smoother image.
    The 750 has local dimming which helps give deeper, darker blacks with the contrast spectrum.
    The 750 is also voice activated.

For me a feel the difference in price is worth it as I watch a lot of movies and with the local dimming and higher Hz it would create a much more immersive feel.

In saying that both are great TV's.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions give me a shout.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.