Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMP20010 or COMP20080?

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there,
    I've done two coding modules so far, Computer Science for Engineers 1 (COMP10060) and Computer Engineering (EEEN20010), so I have good experience of coding in C, but I've never done C++ before. I was just wondering which module would be better to take as an intro to C++ : Data Structures and Algorithms (COMP20010) or Computer Science for Engineers 2 (COMP20080)?
    Thank you!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Data Structures and Algorithms provides a good introduction to C++ if you know C already which you mentioned, and if you do it I would also suggest doing Data Structures and Algorithms II in semester 2. Both are interesting and challenging modules that you can do very well in with a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Just a heads up, Comp Eng II presumes no knowledge of C++. In case you didn't know.

Advertisement