Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk-- Liquid Gold??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A few prickly lads on here. Agree or disagree with the OP, he only asked for opinions. I suppose attitude with the replies is seen as a bonus.

Then one shouldn't quibble with advice from millionaire food entrepreneurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

First of all pedro is just an Ahole who likes to think he is above everyone else. Look through his previous posts and you will see this isn't his first time calling people stupid, Daft and Everything else. I just pulled him up on it! I bet the only reasons he does it is this is a anonymous forum where he can hide behind a screen.

Anyway, sorry I have not posted on the topic been distracted by that Daft guy! Was in work all day and then the gym. I work off-farm also.

I have got some good responses on the topic and I thank you for them and to be honest I had planned on just starting with pasteurising a few litres at home myself.
    You folks are thinking big big big. Where as I just planned on starting small with a few litres and going to farmers markets giving to Family and friends to see what they think and going from there.
    I have a Refridgerated Van so that's one thing in my favour. The rest of milk will go to Co-op so no big deal on racking in profit from the start with this Venture. It could turn into something worth investing in or could be just to expensive and not worth it. We would see with trial and error. I suppose I did start this thread in a business forum so have to expect some flack for not having Figures I suppose. I didn't relise this forum was the next best thing to dragons den!
    Thanks but I still think this idea could work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Good to see the operation being scaled to the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Water John

ward, I agree with you there. No grandiose visions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

My first post on this thread was in response to the OP who said
    We will be milking Jersey Cows.,etc”

(not “we ARE milking”) By his own admission
    the farm needs serious investment in parlour, Housing, Cubicles, Newish tractor.

Since then we have been drip fed contradictory titbits of info, such as he already owns a herd, he now has buildings, etc., he will be selling 250,000 litres of milk, all mixed in with invective and personal abuse until we come to his final post and we discover that he magically is already the proud owner of a refrigerated van, (a rather basic bit of info that should have been provided at the outset on a potential milk round business) and will now
    to be honest I had planned on just starting with pasteurising a few litres at home myself.
    I still believe my first post was correct
    Threads like this should be killed early on – it is a total wind-up by a poster who is dreaming..............................Decent advice from well-meaning people will not do anything for him until he gets real and provides some figures and input himself.

• Advertisement

My first post on this thread was in response to the OP who said

(not “we ARE milking”) By his own admission

Since then we have been drip fed contradictory titbits of info, such as he already owns a herd, he now has buildings, etc., he will be selling 250,000 litres of milk, all mixed in with invective and personal abuse until we come to his final post and we discover that he magically is already the proud owner of a refrigerated van, (a rather basic bit of info that should have been provided at the outset on a potential milk round business) and will now

I still believe my first post was correct

WE ARE MILKING FRIESIN COWS!

IF I WAS TO SELL PASTERISED MILK MYSELF I WOULD BUY JERSEY COWS TO DO TTHIS FROM!!
    That's the last time I'll entertain you
    Or
    Would you like to know what I had for breakfast as well? I forgot to mention that in my last post for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Coco Pops and milk ?

Bandara wrote: »
    Coco Pops and milk ?

Porridge and banana Actually :D

IF I WAS TO SELL PASTERISED MILK MYSELF I WOULD BUY JERSEY COWS TO DO TTHIS FROM!!

Confused :confused::confused: your opening post said here
    My father and I own a small farm. We will be milking Jersey Cows.

No wonder the Da has not yet passed on the farm if you cannot tell the difference between a friesian and a jersey - unless they are jerseys and 'friesin' because the sheds are so bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That's the last time I'll entertain you
    Or
    Would you like to know what I had for breakfast as well? I forgot to mention that in my last post for you...

Hang on, you based your figures based on a premium grade product, jersey milk, and now you say that you're not producing that milk, but rather an arguably lesser "friesin" herd????
    Even if at a conceptual stage in developing a food product, your base product is the core from which everything, and I mean everything, is based from. Your pricing will fluctuate by a factor of at least 900% from cost to retail, your niche within the market will be considerably altered, and your capacity/production will have to be reviewed.
    Yes, we may be a bit spikey here but unless you've at very least a business plan together then you can't expect anything but ire with something so 'back of an envelope'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Why oh why oh why does pedrieobar1 always antagonise posters.

Its disgusting behaviour which the mods seem not to give two hoots about.

A couple of years ago this was a great forum. People got advice, but they were not judged.

Some great people posted advice - all are gone.

Its now pedreobars fiefdom.

Frankly the mods should resign for allowing continued abuse of posters by pedrieobar in particular and one or two others.

Confused :confused::confused: your opening post said here

No wonder the Da has not yet passed on the farm if you cannot tell the difference between a friesian and a jersey - unless they are jerseys and 'friesin' because the sheds are so bad?

To dub
    Jersey Cows produce less milk than Frisians do. But the protein and butterfat are higher in Jersey Cows.
    some farmers think it's better to keep friesins some have jerseys and Some have holsteins. Most use the EBI Index based on fertility, longevity, productivity, protein and lots of other things come into play so yes Ped some farmers have a mix between Friesian and Jersey cow haha its called a Crossbreed you Muppet! Or sheds are fine for the moment my father has done the best he can all his life to provide for his family and is still going strong. What have you done in your spoon fed life to earn a living ped? You know enough about me. I'd say your one of those people that's still benefiting from there parents hardwork. Your basically talking ill of my father when you talk like that. I'd love to see if you were as brave in real life as you are on an anonymous Forum that's for sure..!

Vince you shouldnt have closed your Account. You are dead Right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Brilliant thread this Ted. Only missing the Jesus freaks in a chartreuse Microbus. Daft start but built momentum without any commercial rationale and ended with a bit of drama and the de riguer handbags. Commercial reality should be banned on here as it simply does not meet the user needs.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Hang on, you based your figures based on a premium grade product, jersey milk, and now you say that you're not producing that milk, but rather an arguably lesser "friesin" herd????
    Even if at a conceptual stage in developing a food product, your base product is the core from which everything, and I mean everything, is based from. Your pricing will fluctuate by a factor of at least 900% from cost to retail, your niche within the market will be considerably altered, and your capacity/production will have to be reviewed.
    Yes, we may be a bit spikey here but unless you've at very least a business plan together then you can't expect anything but ire with something so 'back of an envelope'
    It's all above his head. His post quality and changing data speak for themselves.
    FWIW, a long time ago I asked Mods (on two occasions) to please close this trainwreck down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

pedroeibar1 banned for one month for back seat moderating.
    Usual suspects involved in this awfull thread.

Anyone else want a one month ban. Just send me a PM about who said what to whom and why.

I will happily oblige.

This thread is now closed. I think the subject has been exhausted.

dbran

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FWIW, a long time ago I asked Mods (on two occasions) to please close this trainwreck down.

You reported it once asking for it to be closed down..and it was 17.59. So not twice and not a long time ago..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement