Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing a lawn

Options
  • 09-08-2016 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Iv been working with a landscaper for about 10 years now but recently started taking on some big jobs. Iv done lots of smaller jobs. I'm only gone 30 so hoping to start my own landscaping business. I'm just wondering if anybody knows what landscapers are charging per square meter to put in new lawn. The lawn Iv looked at is over 3000m2 but it's a complete mess. The owner of the house can get top soil for free and I can get a man with tractor and trailer to transport it. And definitely will need mini digger for 2-3 days. But other then that just wondering what sort of money is been charged at the minute per metre2. Garden in Mayo Sligo border.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Afraid I can't help with a concrete figure, but I would say that if you add up all the costs, including materials, plant hire, extra labour etc., add in what you expect to earn for the days of work involved, including time spent on consulting the customer, time spent planning the work, travel time, phone calls etc., and don't forget to include the amount of income tax you might have to pay, plus 13.5% VAT, you might come to a figure that would look realistic.
    One other comment; 3000 sq.m seems huge, that's approx 55mx55m, are sure you have that right?

Google Earth pro which is now free has a great tool for measuring the area of lawns

Advertisement