Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Run 2016/17 Season

Options
  • 09-08-2016 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭YiddoOConnell

Who will we get in our group, where will we finish, has anyone got the the package deal and if so where are you located in Wembley?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Who will we get in our group, where will we finish, has anyone got the the package deal and if so where are you located in Wembley?

Got the 3 game package , in block 136 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Just watching the Dundalk match. How great it would be if they could get through to the group stages and get drawn in Tottenham's group.

Group draw is midday on Thursday, so not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Hopefully, we will not see the Europa league this year at all:)

Group draw is midday on Thursday, so not long now!

I must have been reading an article from the US, the draw is actually on at 5pm today!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Group Stage Pots

Pot 1
    Real Madrid (ESP)
    Barcelona (ESP)
    Leicester City (ENG)
    Bayern München (GER)
    Juventus (ITA)
    Benfica (POR)
    Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
    CSKA Moskva (RUS)

Pot 2
    Atlético Madrid (ESP)
    Borussia Dortmund (GER)
    Arsenal (ENG)
    Manchester City (ENG)
    Sevilla (ESP)
    Porto (POR)
    Napoli (ITA)
    Bayer Leverkusen (GER)

Pot 3
    Basel (SUI)
    Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
    Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
    Lyon (FRA)
    PSV Eindhoven (NED)
    Sporting CP (POR)
    Club Brugge (BEL)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)

Pot 4
    Celtic (SCO)
    Monaco (FRA)
    Beşiktaş (TUR)
    Legia Warszawa (POL)
    Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
    GNK Dinamo (CRO)
    FC København (DEN)
    Rostov (RUS)

Can't wait to see who we get. We are in pot 3, so we could be in for some really tough ties. Either way, it's brilliant to see our names in there again.

Nightmare scenario - Barca, Dortmund, and Besiktas?
    Best case - CSKA/Benfica - Leverkusun - Celtic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The way I see it, apart from English teams, who we can't be drawn against, there are 5 teams in pot 1 and 2 teams in pot 2 who we probably wouldn't beat.

If we could avoid all of them we'd have a great chance of going through. If we avoided either the 5 or the 2, we'd have a decent chance.

There could well be some tricky teams in pot 4, but nobody we should fear. Celtic would be the most desirable in terms of atmosphere and short trip.

It's safe to say that we are the team from pot three that other teams want to avoid.

I guess we can see now how important for us to come 2nd rather than 3rd in the league last season! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

It's safe to say that we are the team from pot three that other teams want to avoid.

I guess we can see now how important for us to come 2nd rather than 3rd in the league last season! :mad:

Yeah it obviusly makes a difference but as Ormus said there arent many teams that we should fear.

Weve slipped up against so many 'poorer' teams in the EL over the past 5 years.

Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

It would make no difference, you'd still be in Pot 3

Even if we get a rotten draw I'll still be pretty excited about the mouth watering ties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll almost certainly get Real. Modric and Bale back at the Lane? Should be fun (or absolutely soul destroying :P)

byrneg28 wrote: »
    It would make no difference, you'd still be in Pot 3

??

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yeah it obviusly makes a difference but as Ormus said there arent many teams that we should fear.

I'd have to disagree. I fear Atletico and Dortmund. And if Higuain still played for Napoli I'd probably fear them.

I'd fear nothing in Pot 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

??

It's correct. Finishing 2nd or 3rd last season has no impact on what seeding Spurs now have in the CL.

That is purely based on the UEFA coefficients (calculated on the last 5 years results in Europe) which places Spurs behind Arsenal and City.

Leicester are only 1st seeds because of a recent change in rules which guarantees the champions a top seeding. If they had finished 2nd last season, they would be 4th seeds in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I'd have to disagree. I fear Atletico and Dortmund. And if Higuain still played for Napoli I'd probably fear them.

But does higuain still play for napoli?

And of course Atletico and Dortmund are class teams but even if we come up against one of them I would be expect 2/3/4 points.

I did say we should fear two teams in pot 2, meaning Atletico and Dortmund

Higuain doesn't play for Napoli anymore. I'd fear them more if Diego still played for them.

No need to fear anything in pot 3, we won't be drawn against any of those teams.

I was only implying that Napoli are just one decent striker off being a feared team.

Does anyone know what time the actual draw will kick off. Normally these things have an hour of introductions before the balls are pulled from the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Draw live on eurosport now lad's! Dreaming of a handy draw with no Barcelona, real Madrid, althetico Madrid etc, Ps there is a brand new lovely girl presenting the draw, eufa eye candy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jaysus yer wan is a stunner, looks like Magrot Robbie. Ah Henry, would have to ruin things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

CSKA and Leverkusen, I'll take that thank you very much

• Advertisement

What a draw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

wooop wooooopeeeeeeeeee

we have a chance. group e would have been harsh

How much is Rush getting paid? Can't even open a ball, dead pleased with himself when he manages to open one.

Rudd really looked after us thanks.
    hoping for Celtic now as we our final tie

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    How much is Rush getting paid? Can't even open a ball, dead pleased with himself when he manages to open one.

Ah give rush a chance it's his first time and he looks nervous lol. Henry on the other hand has plenty of experience with handling the ball

Anyone flying to Russia for the CSKA match?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Monaco is a bit of a sting in the tail

Monaco will do nicely no berbatov or Falco these days

Played Monaco in the Europa last year. Two sh*te matches. It'll be interesting to see the difference in intensity now it's in the CL.

• Advertisement

Our draw is kinda similar to that of the Europa League?

Advertisement