Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Run 2016/17 Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

They literally can't string two passes together tonight. They have been absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Unlucky Dier

Walker and Sissoko, what a right-hand side they represent for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Kyle Walker is a shocking footballer. End of story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

First eleven can best any team on there day. Take even one out of that link and it's a different story. We don't seem to have that quality back up that's needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

There's no reason this match not to be played at WHL.

The Tottenham Board will seriously have to question whether the extra revenue generated from playing the matches at Wembley was worth it.

I have to admit, I haven't watched a massive amount of Spurs this year, but that has to be one of the most inept performances across the board I've seen, or even heard of. Wanyama, Hugo and maybe Vertonghen get away with 5 out of 10, the rest don't even deserve a 1. Walker & Sissoko, that was embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

prodsc wrote:
    Resting ourselves for the Scum at the weekend...!!!

They'll batter us the weekend too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

We don't have one class outfield player, tonight isn't a surprise at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Christ we could get a hiding on Sunday .. Shocking tonight.

Trying to stay positive .. 2 wins against Monaco CSKA .. We through 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

**** that performance. That was terrible. Sissoko should never play again.
    Dembele was terrible when he was on.
    Walker was ****.
    Erikssen was anonymous.
    Alli was quite poor.
    There's so many things that went wrong tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

joeguevara wrote:
    Jaysus....ye should get jobs on rte2 as football pundits...nothing but negativity! Spurs will win this 2 nil....Bayer haven't had a shot on target...Spurs the more fiery! Walker to score and Jansen to score another penalty!
    joeguevara wrote:
    How the fcuk is that not a penalty...Spurs by far the better team...goal will come soon!
    joeguevara wrote:
    Heads up lads..:get a goal back quick...still in the game

What say you now Joe?

Arsenal will **** us up at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

tom1ie wrote: »
    Arsenal will **** us up at the weekend.

That's the spirit.

That's the spirit.

That's realism. If we play like that we don't have a chance. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

No positives tonight absolutely none.6 games no win.No goals from open play.only thing is Arsenal up next.if that doesn't bring the best out of us I don't know what will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

tom1ie wrote: »
    That's realism. If we play like that we don't have a chance. Am I wrong?

It's one game, relax. Yes we were **** but we are unbeaten in the league and the NLD is a different ball game to champions league at Wembley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Resting rose .. Christ he should be playing tonight .. Davies is bang average

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Major challenge to reach the next round now, and whats worse, if we dont make it, were into the Europa league!

It's one game, relax. Yes we were **** but we are unbeaten in the league and the NLD is a different ball game to champions league at Wembley.

1 game? West brom? Bournemouth? Liverpool (granted lots of changes) We haven't looked great since city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Win the last two games and we are through I think. Doesn't look likely after tonight but two weeks ago everyone was decrying Pep as a fraud and busted flush.

Porch was always going to have a bad spell and he'll have a few more. He's still the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Only the hapless Zagreb and Brugge have scored less goals than us. The problem isn't just tonight. Even looking at EPL table we have ten fewer goals than those teams around us.
    We are incapable of passing the ball or breaking teams down.

In England our ordinary players are fitter and faster than most opposition and crucially make fewer mistakes. That's why we'll be competitive at top end of that league- but when we play better teams we cannot do anything unless we score first and we only score first with huff and puff. That model is unsustainable long term without class in the attacking third.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

After watching that i'm dreading the next four fixtures,Arsenal(A) Wet spam (h) Monaco (A) Chelsea (A) where are the goals going to come from?

Oh my God that was horrendous. I've had surgical procedures that were more enjoyable. What has happened? Son was on fire and scoring for fun yet I barely saw him tonight.

We are going to get destroyed on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Lately we seem to be trying to go back to de AVB method. Without Harry we seem lost.

The high of beating city has been slowly sucked out of us.

If I wasn't a Spurs fan I would be "all in" on de gooners this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Caught the result this morning.

Last few pages were epic, meltdown mayhem.

My hangover already feels better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What say you now Joe?

I say....even after playing badly we should have got a penalty and we also hit the crossbar! On to the next game and a win...also it's going to make qualifying for the next stage of the champions league an awful lot more sweet by winning the next two games. Believe guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

joeguevara wrote:
    I say....even after playing badly we should have got a penalty and we also hit the crossbar! On to the next game and a win...also it's going to make qualifying for the next stage of the champions league an awful lot more sweet by winning the next two games. Believe guys!

Fair play to you, you're the most optimistic spurs fan I've come across!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Missing Kane, Alderwiereld and Rose - plus having Sissoko on the pitch - was always going to impact the result.

Let's hope our injury problems are sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

6 games without a win. What has gone wrong and how can it be fixed?.

Advertisement