Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Run 2016/17 Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

There's no reason this match not to be played at WHL.

The Tottenham Board will seriously have to question whether the extra revenue generated from playing the matches at Wembley was worth it.

Need 4 stands for Champions League, WHL currently only has 3.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I say....even after playing badly we should have got a penalty and we also hit the crossbar! On to the next game and a win...also it's going to make qualifying for the next stage of the champions league an awful lot more sweet by winning the next two games. Believe guys!

Positivity? Getting behind the team? You're an actual supporter? I like your style Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fabvinny72

cant remember a worse performance by a spurs player than sissoko's last night!! a disgrace! we are going to get shredded sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    Need 4 stands for Champions League, WHL currently only has 3.

That's bizarre. It's really just one corner that's missing, there's still four individual stands.

UEFA regulation is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Fabvinny72 wrote: »
    cant remember a worse performance by a spurs player than sissoko's last night!! a disgrace! we are going to get shredded sunday.

That's fair enough but isn't he a central midfielder, we are not going to get the best from him on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mushykeogh wrote:
    6 games without a win. What has gone wrong and how can it be fixed?.

Getting behind the team and a positive attitude will sort it all out. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

worrying times - feels like more then just a bad run to me - we don't score goals anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

ah lads lets get a bit more positive

we win our 2 games we qualify

we are 4 points off the leaders in EPL

We have injuries and have not got out off 3rd gear yet

we will come good, its about head down working hard and let Pooch turn it around, every plaeyer/manager/team will have blip

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

As I mentioned at the begining of the match, using midfielders as wide forwards is not going to help us out especially Janseen. He points out so many times where he wants the ball but, for some reason, all the players ignore him then he plays back to goal. He is going to Soldado terriotry IMO. We are not playing to his strenghts.

Poch is not experimenting at all. He is playing the same system even though it's not working. He plays Dier as CB even though he is playing ****e. Wimmer cannot be worse than him. People will argue he likes right footed player. What's the point of having right footed CB if he is not playing well?

Early signs, but, it looks like we bought poorly in the summer. Victor is only shining light so far. Whoever decided to buy Sisokko should get his P45. He is our record signing ignore the payment plan and I do not know what he brings to the table.

Its good to be postive. We all want Spurs to do well, but, we have to be realistic. Now if we look at our next 4 fixtures and if we manage to lose all of them then I am afraid knives will be out for Poch.

Having said that, I hope we smash Arsenal and put a stop to their winning streak.

Rant over.

Getting behind the team and a positive attitude will sort it all out. Apparently.

That's old fashioned talk, let's do it the modern way, we'll boo until they get better, that'll show em what's what.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Whoever decided to buy Sisokko should get his P45. He is our record signing ignore the payment plan and I do not know what he brings to the table.

The purchase and subsequent constant starting of Sissoko really gets me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Great! Doing that 30 years now, it will kick in any minute now....any minute......

Ormus wrote:
    That's old fashioned talk, let's do it the modern way, we'll boo until they get better, that'll show em what's what.

Ormus wrote:
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

That's more like it Ormus. Embrace the dark side.

In defence of Levy (yeah seriously). We spent good money on 3 players in 3 positions that needed improving. We can't buy half a new team every summer.

The purchase and subsequent constant starting of Sissoko really gets me angry.

And we let Chadli go for peanuts :(.

Did Poch win Manager of the month in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Desperately need a win on Tuesday, otherwise it's back to Thursday night football. Can't play for toffee at Wembley.

Monaco have been smashing in goals, haven't conceded in there last three games.

Eriksen has been so, so disappointing this season, stuck in a rut and severely lacking confidence. And I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Sissoko & N'Koudou didn't even make the bench at the weekend.

Will Janssen ever score from open play.

Sorry, but I don't see us progressing. Away to Chelsea on Saturday, that'll be a breeze.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be a tough game. Monaco are playing really well at the moment (39 goals in 13 games in the league), and we've been struggling. I can't see us getting a result, and if we don't then we are effectively out.

Have to agree, Monaco are probably a better team than us at the moment, so it will take a great performance to beat them. Wonder could the two Harrys rescue us again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Ormus wrote: »
    Have to agree, Monaco are probably a better team than us at the moment, so it will take a great performance to beat them. Wonder could the two Harrys rescue us again?

Winks won't start tomorrow night. Son and Alli in .....Winks Janssen out.

• Advertisement

Considering were not regulars, it would be terrible to got out on a whimper. In a group that didn't look much on paper.

Kane said anything other than a win last Saturday would have been devastating, the win put the dressing room on a high. Supposedly there geed up for Tuesday's game?

They owe a performance, beloved Champions League theme will be a distant memory. No muzak in the Europa League, other than circus music ringing in the players heads.

Erik Lamela, Toby Alderweireld and Ben Davies are absent from Monaco and Pochettino must decide if Kane, Mousa Dembele and Dele Alli can start having only just returned from various fitness issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Son needs to start looked sharp on Saturday. If Alli, Dembele and Kane play too I would be quite optimistic here. Eriksen needs to be dropped for a couple of weeks.

3-2 to Spurs..Harry with a brace..we need to win this so he will have to play Kane. It looks like Vert will have to play as left back at this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Crazy team selection. Vert Walker and Eriksen on bench.

Team- Lloris Trippier Dier Wimmer Rose Wanyama Dembele Alli Son Winks Kane

**** off with winks .. In a game like this .. Christ !

Grand selection for me. Winks deserves a shot, wake up call for Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Vertonghen rested presumably as he'll be playing left back at the weekend. Gives Dier & Wimmer a further chance to gel too. Winks played well at the weekend so hopefully he's not overawed with the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Big calls from poch.back 4 concerns me Dier hasn't looked comfortable at cb but I have a good feeling strangely enough that we will get something from this.coys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

What a miss Son :eek:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Incredible miss but at least we tried a through ball for once

Advertisement