Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Support is beyond poor

Options
  • 09-08-2016 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

For a Company and sucessful as Apple I cannot understand how their support is so bad

My GF swears by apple, she has an Mac, Iphone, Beats pill etc (I don't know how she can call herself an IT professional and own an Apple product)

Anyway the beats pill is broke (after 8 months) its not charging anymore

First I went on to their website and started a chat
    There website is so poor that you have to hold your tablet in a vertical position in order for the chat window to work (Awkward if you have a keyboard)

When I finally got connected, I reported the issue I got disconnected and told I would be reconnceted but never was.

I then requested a call, an automated machine called me, asked me to wait (waited about 2 mins) and then it cut me off!

Next I tried to schedule a call, but there is no one to call me until 14:00 today.
    We'll see how that goes.

I just want to bring this P.O.S pill in for a repair. This has taken up 30 mins of my morning
    Extermely annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd love to be your girlfriend you seem super awesome and not condescending at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

grahambo wrote: »
    For a Company and sucessful as Apple I cannot understand how their support is so bad

My GF swears by apple, she has an Mac, Iphone, Beats pill etc (I don't know how she can call herself an IT professional and own an Apple product)

Anyway the beats pill is broke (after 8 months) its not charging anymore

First I went on to their website and started a chat
    There website is so poor that you have to hold your tablet in a vertical position in order for the chat window to work (Awkward if you have a keyboard)

When I finally got connected, I reported the issue I got disconnected and told I would be reconnceted but never was.

I then requested a call, an automated machine called me, asked me to wait (waited about 2 mins) and then it cut me off!

Next I tried to schedule a call, but there is no one to call me until 14:00 today.
    We'll see how that goes.

I just want to bring this P.O.S pill in for a repair. This has taken up 30 mins of my morning
    Extermely annoying.

Get an iPad and you won't have that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

(I don't know how she can call herself an IT professional and own an Apple product)

I think your inherent bias against Apple has you down as a crank before you even start I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Apple support is brilliant. iphone/iwatch repair/returns in less than 5 days. Who can beat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Seems to me like the connectivity issues are on your end which is hindering your resolution (which is normally extremely fast and satisfactory).

Long term apple user with many products from them. Had just two issues in ten years and both were replaced within two days (by courier), despite one of them being out of warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Put a great device in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it nor wants to use it and it becomes a bad device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

drop it into a Compu b, they repair/replace all Apple devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Apple are actually very good, any connection issues are you end, don't see how Apple can be blamed for that.

As mentioned, maybe bring it to Compu-B or Mactivate.

and by the way, love the Sig... "South side now --uggh :-("

Glad to you are aren't just cranky and annoyed at Apple :eek:

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Somewhat off-topic, but is there any advantage to using CompuB/AASP over Apple direct for repairs? Is CompuB faster?

My iPhone battery is acting up but Apple diagnostics aren't showing any problems. I'm afraid if I send it in they'll send it back and say there's nothing wrong. I'd happily bring it into CompuB if I thought they would evaluate it on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Somewhat off-topic, but is there any advantage to using CompuB/AASP over Apple direct for repairs? Is CompuB faster?

My iPhone battery is acting up but Apple diagnostics aren't showing any problems. I'm afraid if I send it in they'll send it back and say there's nothing wrong. I'd happily bring it into CompuB if I thought they would evaluate it on the spot.
    id go with Apple over 3 party. have my phone in with Compub waiting for a consumer law claim against apple and the replacement phone has been held with apple since the 28th. plus communication seems pretty poor. Ive had to follow up each time since i was told it was faulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I think we would all go with Apple over 3rd Party

However OP seems fed up with Apple Directly so if he goes into a 3rd Party at least he has someone to rant to.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

shanec1928 wrote: »
    id go with Apple over 3 party. have my phone in with Compub waiting for a consumer law claim against apple and the replacement phone has been held with apple since the 28th. plus communication seems pretty poor. Ive had to follow up each time since i was told it was faulty.

can only go by my experience and that is that I've received phone replacements within 48 hours through Compu b. perhaps your consumer law claim is holding it up. being over a week without it doesn't sound right at all. remember they are agents for apple. you can still phone apple about your repair and have them chase/escalate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hadn't a great experience lately. Had to get my iPhone Express Replaced. First call the agent took down my email incorrectly. All subsequent emails/tracking info/ billing went to said email despite me correcting them on three occasions. Apple couldn't tell me what location the phone had shipped to. Another was unsure if the hold had been placed on my CC. I was told that they couldn't uncouple the initial email from a case ID... going to find out if that's bollox. Keep hearing that they're slipping and this just happened to be my first bad experience.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

went to the Belfast store with my old iPhone 5 under the Consumer Law claim (Home Button Fault). It was repaired on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

So... Apple came through in the end

Got called back in at 14:00
    Thye agreed to take pill back and repair
    Somone will come in the next two days to pick it up

All in I'm happy that it's getting done, but issues this morning irritated me though
    I'd love to be your girlfriend you seem super awesome and not condescending at all!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ;-)
    Get an iPad and you won't have that issue.

Browser issue, Only works with Safari it seems.
    Apple only works with apple... you know how it is :)
    tallpaul wrote: »
    I think your inherent bias against Apple has you down as a crank before you even start I'm afraid.

Nope, Pill is an awesome product and so is MacBook Air
    Apple are actually very good, any connection issues are you end, don't see how Apple can be blamed for that.

As mentioned, maybe bring it to Compu-B or Mactivate.

and by the way, love the Sig... "South side now --uggh :-("

Glad to you are aren't just cranky and annoyed at Apple :eek:

There automated machine hanging up on me is not a "Connection Issue"
    What probably happened was there was no one in the Irish Support office at the time I rang and it just disconnected. Which all would have been fine if there was a message when you diall saying our opening hours are from X to Y

I've lived on both sides of city, North side is better, Sorry (Off Topic, Sorry)

MODS:
    Apple have come through in the end so this thread can be locked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

What a statement!!! Your attitude towards your girlfriend and your understanding of IT in general sucks!

I'm an IT guy and, given the option, I'd choose a Mac. Why? It runs Unix under the OS X skin. Dual booting to Windows is also a breeze. The machines are well specced and a joy to use. I could go on and on about why a Mac is a great value all round piece of kit for IT.

As for Apple support, I've rarely had faults with them. They're not as good as they used to be but they're far from useless.

kceire wrote: »
    went to the Belfast store with my old iPhone 5 under the Consumer Law claim (Home Button Fault). It was repaired on the spot.
    Wanted to do the same but the supervisor said it was not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Wanted to do the same but the supervisor said it was not possible.

Did you buy it direct from Apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

squonk wrote: »

What a statement!!! Your attitude towards your girlfriend and your understanding of IT in general sucks!

Just an old IT Joke dude.. Cool your jets ;-)

guil wrote: »
    Did you buy it direct from Apple?
    i did. They said they couldn't make the claim against themselves

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

i did. They said they couldn't make the claim against themselves

They don't make the claim. You make the claim against them through the small claims court.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

only have positive things to say about Apple support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I had a major problem with an I phone and to cut a long story short I asked for them to completly reset phone cause I couldn't get into it.

The girl on support said that could take a few days and can we just try and sort it out between us.

Anyway she was brilliant , as with most things probably it was all my fault and she got to the problem and fixed it .

Twice I've ever rang them and on both they were nothing but professional and friendly .

So the POS is getting fixed or replaced with another POS?
    Good job OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Good job OP.

Kindly refrain from posting unhelpful and vapid comments such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Good job OP.
    culabula wrote: »
    Kindly refrain from posting unhelpful and vapid comments such as this.

He's quoting the OP there
    ant to bring this P.O.S pill in for a repair. This has taken up 30 mins of my morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

ED E wrote: »
    He's quoting the OP there

He's right about anything Beats but nevertheless adds nothing to the discussion. In any case, thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement