Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratching Posts

• 09-08-2016 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you put scratching posts in fields for cattle - we have a few that seem to be scratching off of gates or fencing posts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭MfMan

Cemented down a few concrete stakes once - they were broken in less than a year. Try a big angular rock if you have one maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ABlur

I'm going to get the digger man to sink a few half ESB poles in fields that don't have any trees/poles on already. I find that cattle start digging up holes in these fields at the moment. Like hens and dust baths!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jd06

nhg wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of you put scratching posts in fields for cattle - we have a few that seem to be scratching off of gates or fencing posts...

I see my cattle the same they are always digging holes
    Why I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Aly Daly

I leave a feeding trough in the field with them as it is a paddock system with no other way of scratching,they will rub off another beast also,I would like to have scratching post but no point as there is always a wire behind them,good if they brought out a mobile scratching brush to avoid field damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

I try to have a large diameter concrete pipe in any field without an ESB pole. Best scratching post you'll find

• Advertisement
Advertisement