Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to enter an 18 month contract with EIR, I need to know my options if my situati

Options
  • 09-08-2016 11:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Waterford and about to enter an 18 month contract with EIR for TV, BB and Phone. This is very affordable for me at the moment because my rent is reasonable, however I may decide to move to Cork or Dublin in 6-12 months time. Its not as simple as just transferring my service because I may not be able to afford my own place and may have to house share, since rents are considerably more expensive in these areas especially if its Dublin, if I house share the most likely situation is that there will already be a service from some  set up in the place etc, so in this situation I would have no choice but to cancel my contract. All I need to know is am I liable for the full 18 months if I break earlier or is there a break clause fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I'm living in Waterford and about to enter an 18 month contract with EIR for TV, BB and Phone. This is very affordable for me at the moment because my rent is reasonable, however I may decide to move to Cork or Dublin in 6-12 months time. Its not as simple as just transferring my service because I may not be able to afford my own place and may have to house share, since rents are considerably more expensive in these areas especially if its Dublin, if I house share the most likely situation is that there will already be a service from some  set up in the place etc, so in this situation I would have no choice but to cancel my contract. All I need to know is am I liable for the full 18 months if I break earlier or is there a break clause fee?
    Hi JakeArmitage,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    If you agree to an 18 month contract this contract will stand unless you choose to move your service to another location.
    If you break this an early cessation fee would apply.

-Pamela 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Hi JakeArmitage,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    If you agree to an 18 month contract this contract will stand unless you choose to move your service to another location.
    If you break this an early cessation fee would apply.

-Pamela 
    Can you clarify what you mean, what I think you mean is if I cancel and Im living in the same address I would be liable to pat the remaining 18 months but If I moved to another location the contract would still be in place an early cessation fee would apply. I would only want to cancel if I left waterford city, how much would the cessation fee be if I left for Dublin or Cork

If you move and can take the service to the new location, no early termination fee applies and you can use it in the new location.

Karsini wrote: »
    If you move and can take the service to the new location, no early termination fee applies and you can use it in the new location.
    Yes but what if Move to Dublin for instance and cant afford my own apartment and decide to rent a room in a house share that already has Eir or Virgin media in the house

Yes but what if Move to Dublin for instance and cant afford my own apartment and decide to rent a room in a house share that already has Eir or Virgin media in the house
    The contract will still apply JakeArmitage.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

-Pamela 
    So I'd be liable to pay whats ever left on the 18 month contract and theers no early break claus fee

In that case you'd have to break the contract early and pay the termination fee. I think Eir charge €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is this honestly a genuine question or are you joking? Of course the contract still applies

-Pamela 
    So I'd be liable to pay whats ever left on the 18 month contract and theers no early break claus fee
    No there is not  JakeArmitage,
    You would be required to pay the remainder of the contract.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Jake you should sign up with Magnet as they offer contractless service but you'll pay install fees and a higher rate. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement