Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clew Bay Half Marathon and 10K 24th September 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Hopefully I will be about to welcome the boardsie pilgrims.

This is a.low key but lovely half. Quite a hilly route so not really a pb course, especially if it's windy. Good spread in the GAA club afterwards. Last year I did this as a marathon pace run before Dublin. They allowed me to transfer an entry from a friend and gave us two t shirts!
    Looking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Is it an overnighter with booze and a discah???

Have it pencilled in anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Is it an overnighter with booze and a discah???

Have it pencilled in anyway :D

PENCILED?? I hope it's in permanent marker on your calendar :D

I'm staying Fri & Sat in a b&b in the back arse of nowhere the beautiful Killsalagh :p so I'm not sure about booze and discah's! I'm bringing the bike too if a spin on the Wild Atlantic Way takes your fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Signed up for this too. My second HM after Connemara this year. Hope the weather is a bit more forgiving :)

Didn't think the course looked too hilly, how hilly are we talking? :D Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

mojesius wrote: »
    Signed up for this too. My second HM after Connemara this year. Hope the weather is a bit more forgiving :)

Didn't think the course looked too hilly, how hilly are we talking? :D Looking forward to it!

It's a tough course. A hill in every mile, nothing overly steep as a stand alone hill but the culmutive effect takes its toll.

• Advertisement

Officially in... Not racing, no MP miles, just some miles in the legs and some badly needed r&r.....(maybe some cycling and canoeing/kayaking thrown in) :)

Anybody else???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

me me me me me me me me me :)

Not long to go now, sign up before it's to late :)

Doesn't look like the weather will be in our favour on Saturday. Expecting strong winds and heavy rain - Just as I like it :D

I've dropped down to the 10k as training didn't go as planned between a multitude of hen parties and weddings the last month. Getting excited!

The weather will be perfect.... Trust me, I have that sorted :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Good luck to all running this. Sure it's only a bit of wind and rain :)

Fantastic event, thanks to all the organisers, stewards, and GAA club etc. Lovely spread afterwards, the jammy creamy puffs were delicious :D

And the sun came out to shine on the lovely scenery during the race. Took the doggy down to Old head beach afterwards for a cool down walk, i should have brought swimming gear as there were a few in and the sea was nice and calm.

I will definitely be back to this next year! :)

Advertisement