Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion Reset Button

Options
  • 09-08-2016 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I moved into an apartment and the immersion does not seem to be heating up. When hitting the on switch I can see an LED turn on at the switch box but no hot water.

Searching online I've read that there is usually a reset button beside the thermostat but I can't seem to see one.

Is there anything else I could try?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You don't show the immersion itself in the photo so it's pretty useless I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You don't show the immersion itself in the photo so it's pretty useless I'm afraid

Attached some photos of it there. Wouldn't know what I'm looking for though but there is a switch behind it that is unmarked which is in the image attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Willbbz wrote: »
    Hi folks, I moved into an apartment and the immersion does not seem to be heating up. When hitting the on switch I can see an LED turn on at the switch box but no hot water.

Searching online I've read that there is usually a reset button beside the thermostat but I can't seem to see one.

Is there anything else I could try?

In picture 1 there is the stat it doesn't look as there's a reset on it
    The immersion has a lot of rust and corrosion on it
    I would say it needs replacing but the only way to know for sure would to get it tested by a electrican

Advertisement