Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping tent found in my garden

Options
  • 09-08-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all

Found a camping tent yesterday afternoon (08/08/2016) in my garden when I came back from work.
    I live in Woodquay, near Hedford Road.
    If you know of anyone missing it, pm me so I can return it to the owner.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

New homeless shelter at your place!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

#occupyjulbak

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CiaranF

Was it pitched?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

You found a dumped tent in your garden and you're looking to return it?
    😕

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Julbak

Yup, came back from work and voila! an unpacked (opened) camping tent appears. Guess someone opened it and it was blown by the wind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Julbak wrote: »
    Yup, came back from work and voila! an unpacked (opened) camping tent appears. Guess someone opened it and it was blown by the wind...
    Yep, they can take off quite easily if they aren't pegged down. I saw one reach a height of about 80m and travel a distance of about 400m before coming back down at an Irish campsite earlier this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Was it blue?

Was it blue?

No, it is not blue

bin it ffs

Was it blue?
    bin it ffs

not yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,429 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was there anybody loitering with intent?

Was there anybody loitering with intent?

Nope, no one around, thought on putting a piece of paper on a post but thought doing it online would be better.
    Anyway, thing I'll do as suggested and throw it away this next tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Julbak wrote: »
    Nope, no one around, thought on putting a piece of paper on a post but thought doing it online would be better.
    Anyway, thing I'll do as suggested and throw it away this next tuesday.

Stick it up on the Free section of Adverts.ie or put it on Freecycle if it's still useable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I might take it off your hands for my in-laws when they visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Are ya sure there's no-one around your house O.P?!? Ya just never feicin' know these days.... Burglaries are often imminent around the city regularly enough. I'd nearly be inclined to call the Guards just for a peace-of-mind once-over....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Are ya sure there's no-one around your house O.P?!? Ya just never feicin' know these days.... Burglaries are often imminent around the city regularly enough. I'd nearly be inclined to call the Guards just for a peace-of-mind once-over....

Call the cops over a tent?????

If someone was going to rob your house they would not pitch tent in you're garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hah ah true yes but I doubt now they'd be pitching there!! Bit outlandish. But ya just never know what in the heck people are at these days!

Advertisement