Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Elec issue

Options
  • 09-08-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just a few weeks ago we noticed that the outside shower button was constantly lit - even when switched off.
    Shower worked as normal , we still needed to switch down to operate the electric shower however.
    Now, the shower cut out completely in the middle of being used.
    could this be a fuse issue or is it more complicated. I thought i smelt a very feint burning smell when i walked past the outside shower light.
    Hope some expert on here can help to suggest whats needed. could it be a simply problem with the switch itself?
    Thanks !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

pinkles wrote: »
    Just a few weeks ago we noticed that the outside shower button was constantly lit - even when switched off.
    Shower worked as normal , we still needed to switch down to operate the electric shower however.
    Now, the shower cut out completely in the middle of being used.
    could this be a fuse issue or is it more complicated. I thought i smelt a very feint burning smell when i walked past the outside shower light.
    Hope some expert on here can help to suggest whats needed. could it be a simply problem with the switch itself?
    Thanks !!!

It sounds like the switch has burnt out. Isolate this circuit at the distribution board (by switching off the MCB). Do not use the shower and call an electrician. This should not be too difficult or expensive to resolve.

As a general rule electrical burning smells are bad news!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

thanks for the advice ,P

Advertisement