Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio - Olympic Road Cycling Individual Time Trials - Wednesday August 10th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

BBC are showing the TT races tomorrow

Womens from 12.30pm
    Mens from 2pm

They have ear marked a medal in the mens race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Hopefully Taylor Phinney can go at least one better than last time and get a medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Nice one RTÉ!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

All the start times (men and women) here

• Advertisement

Richie Porte saying Rohan Dennis has a very good chance at gold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Richie Porte saying Rohan Dennis has a very good chance at gold

Good oul Ronan Dennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Would have thought so my self, unfortunately the Red Button Channels are currently advertising Hockey, Sevens, Table Tennis, et al. No mention of Cycling, unless its on one of the online channels, which I cant get.

:(
    I've found the epg for the red buttons to be consistently out of date, and incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Beasty wrote: »
    Think you're getting confused with Tony Cascarino - he's not racing

Pity, I was thinking start off with Cascarino, then replace him with Quinn when he starts to tire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

pelevin wrote: »
    Pity, I was thinking start off with Cascarino, then replace him with Quinn when he starts to tire.

*tyre ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is any one from Ireland riding this? I thought Dan was but this suggests he isnt

https://twitter.com/DanMartin86/status/763336269334216704

godtabh wrote: »
    Is any one from Ireland riding this?

No competitors representing Ireland in either male or female race.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No competitors representing Ireland in either male or female race.

We didn't qualify any or that pulled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

from page 2, it's a shame as roche seems to be in good form although i guess the steepness of the climbs could have been a bit much for him.
    For Ireland to have a rider in the TT, we would have needed one of the following:
    (i) in the top 15 ranked countries in the 2015 UCI World Tour (we finished 20th)
    (ii) in the top 6 ranked countries in the 2015 UCI Europe Tour (we finished 21st)
    (iii) have a rider who finished in the top 10 of the UCI World Championship TT (no Irish rider competed)

We didn't qualify.

Women's TT has started, but it's not on RTÉ News Now at the moment (for me anyway, watching on the RTÉ mobile app) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

lennymc wrote: »
    Good oul Ronan Dennis.

Denis Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Will they be going over the cobbles again or did I hear that the strip of tarmac that was fenced off on Saturday was for the TT? Couldn't imagine big Tom's wrist could take too much of those cobbles.

I reckon it'll be a toss up between Froome & Tom Dom. No one stands out for the last podium spot, could be an outlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

from page 2, it's a shame as roche seems to be in good form although i guess the steepness of the climbs could have been a bit much for him.

Roche isn't nearly a good enough a time triallist to get within an ass's roar of a medal.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

With the name Duyck the Belgian must have a chance in these conditions!

That downhill is looking decidedly dicey

• Advertisement

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    Will they be going over the cobbles again or did I hear that the strip of tarmac that was fenced off on Saturday was for the TT?

You're correct, they'll be using that strip of tarmac rather than the cobbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Women's TT has started, but it's not on RTÉ News Now at the moment (for me anyway, watching on the RTÉ mobile app) :confused:

It's being streamed here but without any commentary.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/live/

I have rte news and rte 2 also open on desktop on mute until they start showing the TT - which they may not frown.png

Very windy and rainy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

RTE 2 are currently looking at highlights of the women's TT

Now on rte 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Judging by the weather, surface & corners I think there will be a few crashes today. Either that or some cautious handling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They have some marshalls having to hold down the end of the start mat as it's flapping about in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Why is the womens TT so much shorter than the mens?

bollix, would have liked van dijk to do well

Disaster for Van Dijk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Will rte be sticking with this for the day? No irish interest so hard to see if they will.

Advertisement