Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II

• 09-08-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

NXT-TakeOver-Brooklyn-II-Logo.jpg

Taking place the night before Summerslam, PPV card as follows

Singles match for the NXT Championship
    Samoa Joe (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship
    Asuka (c) vs. Bayley

Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    The Revival (c) vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Almas

Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose

Ember Moon vs. TBA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

First takeover since Zayn/Owens 1 where it isn't very obvious who's going to walk away with the NXT Title

In a way I'd like to see Joe retain so we can see Nakamura on the main roster asap

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Less than a week now. Every match has loads of potential especially those 3 titles matches.

The main event is a really interesting one, can't recall the last time there was a clash between two such wrestlers in a WWE environment ever.

Also very curious to see Ember Moon (not a huge fan of that name) as I remember hearing great things about Athena although I've not seen much of her myself 1/2 matches ages ago. The NXT womens division needs a new person for them to push to main event level as after Asuka & Bayley (who surely won't be there too much longer) it is a little light atm after the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Less than a week now. Every match has loads of potential especially those 3 titles matches.

The main event is a really interesting one, can't recall the last time there was a clash between two such wrestlers in a WWE environment ever.

Also very curious to see Ember Moon (not a huge fan of that name) as I remember hearing great things about Athena although I've not seen much of her myself 1/2 matches ages ago. The NXT womens division needs a new person for them to push to main event level as after Asuka & Bayley (who surely won't be there too much longer) it is a little light atm after the draft.

I think Bayley will be winning on Saturday night and will be there for at least another 3 months until Survivor Series or the Rumble or whenever the next big NXT event is feuding with some new talent to help build up the womens division which is why I'm surprised Alexa Bliss didn't remain in NXT to have a proper feud with Bayley for the championship while Asuka will get the call up to the main roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they need to move Bayley up and away from the title picture. That way it's only one more loss for her now rather than having to drop the title down the line. Then they can have a number 1 contender's match/tournament. With Carmella, Alexa and Nia gone as well, it gives a chance for the other women to step up. Apart from Ember Moon, who else could be in the title picture? Up until now all the other women have just been jobbing mostly. Think the Billi Kay/Liv Morgan match was the first I remmeber in a long time that didn't involve Asuka, Bayley or the ones that moved up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think they need to move Bayley up and away from the title picture. That way it's only one more loss for her now rather than having to drop the title down the line. Then they can have a number 1 contender's match/tournament. With Carmella, Alexa and Nia gone as well, it gives a chance for the other women to step up. Apart from Ember Moon, who else could be in the title picture? Up until now all the other women have just been jobbing mostly. Think the Billi Kay/Liv Morgan match was the first I remmeber in a long time that didn't involve Asuka, Bayley or the ones that moved up.

I agree I'd move her up too but have this feeling she'll win at Takeover to become the first two time womens champion and don't think they'll have her drop the title that soon after winning it. They could have her pull double duty for awhile too, have her appear on both brands as the hottest female free seeing as NXT is taped. Would allow her to get into mini feuds with women on both rosters before choosing a brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

Not that excited tbh. NXT's overall quality has gone down a bit in the last few months with only the main eventers (and Bobby Roode who will likely be the next main eventer) being entertaining. The depth of the roster is non-existent now imo. That being said, there are definitely a couple of potentially great matches. Joe vs Nakamura in particular could be fantastic. Asuka vs Bayley 1 was good but nothing more imo. Interested to see if they take a different approach to the psychology of the match with both seeming to display a much more aggressive attitude in the last few weeks. Intrigued to see Ember Moon. The Revival vs Ciampa & Gargano could potentially steal the show. No real interest in the rest. Surprised Hideo Itami isn't on the card.

Predictions:
    Ember Moon def ???
    Austin Aries def No Way Jose
    Bobby Roode def Andrade 'Cien' Almas
    Authors of Pain def T61
    Ciampa & Gargano def The Revival
    Asuka def Bayley
    Shinsuke Nakamura def Samoa Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They took their eye off the ball a bit in terms of developing non established indie talent, particularly in the women's division. The call ups give a bit of room for growth for the likes of Liv Morgan, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay who all have potential. On the men's side of things I'm not actually sure who the next stars are behind Joe and Shinsuke. Maybe some of the CWC guys like Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, Johnny Gargano even.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

Pentecost wrote: »
    They took their eye off the ball a bit in terms of developing non established indie talent, particularly in the women's division. The call ups give a bit of room for growth for the likes of Liv Morgan, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay who all have potential. On the men's side of things I'm not actually sure who the next stars are behind Joe and Shinsuke. Maybe some of the CWC guys like Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, Johnny Gargano even.

Maybe, but you'd assume that most from the CWC will be moved to Raw for their new Cruiserweight division. Aside from Peyton Royce I'm not convinced any of those women can make the step up properly tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They really rushed them out this week, trying to showcase 4 new women. I think Liv is the only one I've seen on NXT before

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

What time our time does Takeover start tonight guys? Is it 12am or 1am?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What time our time does Takeover start tonight guys? Is it 12am or 1am?

1am as its 8pm est in the us.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone watching it live?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Loughc wrote: »
    Anyone watching it live?

Thinking about it! Half asleep already though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No way Jose and Austin Aries opening match. Should be interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was expecting the tag match to be the opener to be honest. Looking forward to hopefully some stellar matches.

Good opening match. And holy god Hideo finally hit the gts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feck sake, network froze so I missed the end, only got back when Itami was celebrating in the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Angron wrote: »
    Feck sake, network froze so I missed the end, only got back when Itami was celebrating in the corner.
    Acht, it happens. Unacceptable 2 and a half years later but it's nothing new.

Solid opener, onwards and up from here please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That top rope stunner is an amazing looking move

Yay, things about to get GLORIOUS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GLORIOUS!

Ha, loved that intro.

Simply a glorious entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bobby roode=Triple H junior

Well there only 8 years between them but roode is so like Triple H

Unreal entrance though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

That music is so god damn catchy!!

It's a shame it took this long to get Roode in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

DAFUQ is Mauro doing sitting ringside instead of calling the show? Urgh

Ageyev wrote: »

He was apart of the preshow panel and he was awesome on it. Everything he says sounds so legitimate.

Kind of expecting Ciampa to turn on Gargano after this.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »

I'd prefer Tom tbh

I'm sensing a ciampa heel turn on Johnny tonight

Enjoying this. A pretty straightforward tag match, but both teams are doing it so well.

Love the spear through the ropes gargano does

I'm fairly certain Johnny could have reached the ropes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What a match. Tag team wrestling at its best.

Amazing tag match

• Advertisement

Becky and Sasha watching at ringside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sooo... Bayley on her way up then?

Sign of the night "Asuka la vista Bayley"

I really don't like that kid.

Haha Joe was hilarious there with the security guard!

• Advertisement

Nakamura has an unbelievable level of charisma, along with his wrestling talent.

Unbelievable live violinist for shinsuke

Nakamura win and send Joe up to the main roster

Shinsuke, you beautiful bastard.

Edit: Ref seems a bit worried about Joe, hope he's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

That was a fantastic show.

Roode acting the cat had me grinning like a fool and Cien looked good as well.

It took me awhile to get into the tag match but eventually I got swept into it. Wrestling hasn't had me jumping up and down like that in a long time. Johnny and Ciampa really established themselves as the guys to root for while The Revival will get the right type of nuclear heat for that (they have it with me anyway :pac:).

Ember looked good in her debut but still obviously green. She was smiling a little bit too much for me instead of selling properly at times. She is of course though in the right place to learn.

Bayley and Asuka, well, what can you say? They probably told the best story of the night, just pipping DIY. Bayley brought a new fire against Asuka but at the same time, I never really felt the latter was at risk of losing. It surprised me to be honest but they obviously rate Asuka very highly and rightfully so. They've kind of dithered with Bayley's belated move to the main roster so hopefully they move Asuka when it's right for her, because she has the potential to be massive.

Oh and Roode's entrance was a highlight of the night, goosebumps moment. Asuka's theme rocks too.

Well that event was Glorious :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I've said before, NXT has set the bar so high, it's impossible to match it. Still, this event was way and above most PPVs the main shows put on.

The Revival are perfect heels imo; I hate them and wanted them to lose so badly, but it's because they are awesome at their jobs. Part of that goes with the fact they've been put against two of the most likable babyface teams, which gives them great foils. Compared that, though, to Bobby Roooooo who is a heel but is impossible to boo cause his charisma is so, so amazing.

Imagine Foley being shown at ringside for the Joe/Nakamura match is no coincidence; would expect Joe to be on Raw soon. Also shout out to Becky and Sasha who looked to be having a whale of a time at ringside for the second half of the show.

Really enjoyed it. NXT Takeovers really are staple and obligatory viewing for any wrestling fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Heck of a damn show. Just some random thoughts Ember Moon is talented but needs some work IMO. Aries and NWJ had a good match and Aries is the perfect come back feud for Hideo and he FINALLY hit his move! Every about Bobby Roode in NXT is GLORIOUS. Entrance was fantastic, match was great fun and its the best Andrade has looked so far.

The Revival are fantastic. Just a good old fashioned Southern style heel team, love them. Gargano and Ciampa were great in this match too and some of the near falls had me convinced we were get new tag champs. Wonder who the next challengers for the Revival will be? TM61 is the obvious choice I guess....

Asuka Bayley told a great story. Bayley once again evolving as a character and stepping up to somebody that has beaten her previously. But damn Asuka is one believable bada$$. I dont think I have ever seen a female wrestler with the aura that Asuka has. I dont think I ever wanna see her lose the title.

Joe vs Nakamura. Well I loved it but I dont know if everyone will. A very MMA type feel to it and they had a few clunky moments but for me that just added to the match. Joe selling the "broken jaw" off the first Kinshasa was amazing. I think Joe moves on now and we get Nakamura vs Roode and then Nak moves up in time for Royal Rumble or WrestleMania with Roode as the man in NXT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Great show.

Highlights were the tag match (the Revival are soooo good), Bayley suddenly making my room really dusty :(, Nakamuras intro and of course: GLORIOUS :eek:

The have an instant star in Roode if they handle him right. He was always wasted in TNA, even when they tried to push him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just finished watching, you're move main roster, absolutely no pressure to top that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement