Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I was feeling sleepy by main event time but Nak shook me awake. Great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Revival are excellent in the ring. As others have said they really come across as a heel team without having to resort dastardly heel type behavious. They're the type of team people boo because they want to boo them, but if they wanted to turn face tomorrow people would cheer for them (though may be reluctant to since we want them to remain a heel team for now :))
    Ciampa/Gargano are brilliant. I didn't know of them before NXT and they said they never worked as a team before NXT, yet they work so well and both look like stars.
    For Ember Moon, again as others have said she needs work, but I think one thing I didn't like is giving her the red eyes. Why does she need that? When you look at the NXT roster she's the only one with anything like that. Everyone else is just costume and character. Just seems redundant.
    Bayley/Asuka was a great match as well. Though I don't know what went wrong with what I assume was meant to be a power bomb. Either Bayley was too tired or Asuka was too heavy or was just executed wrong. So te question now is who will feud with Asuka next? Think it's too soon for Ember Moon and can't think of anyone else at that level. The wire frfom Asuka's top looked uncomfortable.
    Shinsuke/Joe was another great match. Thought the violinist was starting to play the Braveheart theme, or DJ Sakin's Protect Your Mind, if you prefer. Wasn't sure who would win. Could've gone either way.

2 things though: First Sahsa looks good in glasses
    Second, don't mean this in a negative way, but why is there so much fuss over Bobby Roode from both fans and the company? I like him, but based on his TNA career, which a lot of people know him from, I wouldn't place him as one of the greats.
    And speaking of TNA, where'd Eric Young go?

Wonder what that Sanity video was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

PWI are saying Sanity is a faction. Seeing some Twitter stuff saying Tommy End will be involved. Crazy Mary Dobson has been signed full time to NXT also.

Re Bobby Rooooooo he is IMO a solid in ring hand. Hes never gonna have a 5 star match but he is capable of having a great match and the Glorious theme and #GloriousBombs have really gotten him over bigger and faster than anyone could have realistically expected. Also since Dallas NXT has treated him as a MASSIVE star. Every appearance or sighting of Bobby Rooooo was a huge deal. Eric Young is off in the woods somewhere watching hockey I would imagine. Heavy rumours that James Storm may be heading back to NXT though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm pretty sure i heard somewhere that they signed Eric Young yesterday :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Even though it may not have hit the heights of some other Takeovers it continued the Takeover streak of being al round awesome introducing some new stars (Roode, Moon) having good tag & womens matches plus a main event that delivered.

Bobby Roode's entrance and whole shtick can only be summed up with one word.... (of course it's)...Glorious!

I am intrigued by Sanity and if it is as suggested a faction it will be something different for NXT as I don't believe they have ever had a faction outside of The Wyatts.

Yay Itami is finally going to get a program with someone now he's back

Ember Moon looked good but i also suspect there is more to come from her.

For me the tag match was actually the match of the night and all 4 of those guys seem to now have great matches whenever I see em wrestle.

Bayley surely will be main roster bound soon after that match. A match which really means they are going to really have to push someone very hard for them to be credible challengers to Asuka now.

Nakamura is now the face of NXT, replacing Balor imo. I wonder will there be a rematch (most likely) or might they write Joe off for a while with an injury only to have him show up on the main roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just thinking about this a way to get out of the Joe rematch is Joe refuses to work in NXT while Regal is GM because he was made jump through hoops to get a title shot. And then when he won the title he had to defend in a cage match and against an undeserving (in Joes eyes) challenger. Can be a sought after free agent for Raw and Smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Big Damo to be a part of Sanity coming from some stills of the promo vid and discussions I had with other fans on facebook earlier, and the womens title match for me was Match of the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What a Takeover!

No Way Jose vs Austin Aries
    My god I did not expect that level of performance from Jose. He was absolutely on fire out there. Aries is too cool to fully hate on but fair play to NWJ, he hung with him and helped to make a great opener.

Billie Kay vs Ember Moon
    Ember has a great look. She's gorgeous and she can go. That flying stunner was a thing of beauty. Fair play to Billie too, she's getting herself out there and is working an Eva Marie-esque gimmick, albeit it blue and understated. Hopefully she can establish herself more on the brand but Ember looks like a star in the making.

Bobby Roode vs Andrade Cien Almas
    One word and word only. GLORIOUS!!!

Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa vs The Revival (NXT Tag Titles)
    This is what wrestling is to me. Edge of your seat, legit not knowing who's gonna win and rooting hard for the good guys. The Revival, quite simply, get it. They know their craft. They're amazing a**hole heels and the heat they get is totally the right stuff. I was gutted when the lads came up short. Gargano and Ciampa are as crisp as any tag team going. I absolutely love them. I wanna see them take the tag titles and I saw that as an online fan and as a mark. Invested to bits in that programme.

Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Women's Championship)
    An all out war with a great story. My girlfriend watched this with me and couldn't get over the kicks Asuka was throwing. She kept saying why won't the referee stop the match?! Yet another match where you couldn't tell who'd be winning and who'd be losing. Asuka is terrifying and so believable. For all the charm and likeability that Bayley has, Asuka is equally as charismatic if not more so. Fantastic match up.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe (NXT Championship)
    Great entrances. I loved the violinist rendering a 15,000 strong New York crowd to silence. Imagine a full orchestra at Mania. Joe walking with security back stage was obviously an homage to Goldberg, and Mike Tyson before him. I'd like to see that in his PPV entrances actually. To be honest though, I felt a little underwhelmed by this bout. Thought it was very flat and kinda slow. A rematch could go along way to remedying that though.

Overall a savage card and one I'm glad I watched.

Advertisement