Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Repairs

Options
  • 09-08-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. Ive set up a mail in repair for my iPhone with Apple but before they will send me a box to mail my phone in, I have to pay the full cost of the repair ..which is over €100 . does this seem legit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Zyxwvut wrote: »
    Hi. Ive set up a mail in repair for my iPhone with Apple but before they will send me a box to mail my phone in, I have to pay the full cost of the repair ..which is over €100 . does this seem legit?

Yes. Standard procedure. Read their terms and conditions to know exactly how the repair will proceed. They don't take the full amount from your account, they just put a hold on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

BDJW wrote: »
    Yes. Standard procedure. Read their terms and conditions to know exactly how the repair will proceed. They don't take the full amount from your account, they just put a hold on it

Since when? 3 times I've sent an iPhone for repair and they never looked for a deposit or hold, not unless you asked for express replacement.
    Forgot to mention each time was for warranty repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

guil wrote: »
    Since when? 3 times I've sent an iPhone for repair and they never looked for a deposit or hold, not unless you asked for express replacement.
    Forgot to mention each time was for warranty repair.

I just remembered this has only been asked for on out of warranty repairs. Any repairs under warranty have not asked for this deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

Hi guys I have an iPhone 6 bought it off adverts a few months back. Phone won't charge checked online says clean out the charging port did that then hold the home button with the power button together still not working. Anyone with any ideas what to do? Any advice welcome

Apple are looking for €360 to send the phone away for repair. I wish i had that money lying around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Apple are looking for €360 to send the phone away for repair. I wish i had that money lying around

If it's out of warranty then you can go back to the company it was purchased from originally, consumer law has you covered for 6 years if there is no physical damage.

Thanks. I ended up bringing it to a phone shop near me yesterday I was just in with him half an hour ago he said it mite be the changing port but still not 100% on what it is told me to leave it with him for 2 days. Would that be the warrantee gone as a 3th party opened the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sonics2k wrote: »
    If it's out of warranty then you can go back to the company it was purchased from originally, consumer law has you covered for 6 years if there is no physical damage.

Wouldn't you need a receipt or some sort of proof of purchase and does it extend to future owners?

Would the IME number be proof of when it was bought?

Advertisement