Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Repair and jailbreak

Options
  • 09-08-2016 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

UPC came today with the packaging to send the iPhone back to Apple because I noticed there was dust beneath the screen that can't be removed normally. The UPC guy said he could take it right away, so I gave it to him without realising I still had a jailbroken iPhone (on iOS 9.3.3). So what would Apple repair usually do in this case?

Would it matter, since in my case the dust is more a hardware issue, or would they refuse service once they find the jailbreak on the phone, or in another case, would they simply restore to the latest iOS version without caring what's on the device? (Find my iPhone and passcode have been turned off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Well, if the phone is locked they won't be able to open it (apparently :) ). I'd say you'll be fine. However, if they can see it's jailbroken they may say no. There's so many examples of them refusing to change if jailbroken - it's breaking their warranty by doing it.

Advertisement