Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70 mins transfer time (AA to AA) in Philly?

Options
  • 09-08-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭

What would boardsies think of a 70 mins transfer in Philly, arriving (from ORD) and departing (to DUB) with American? Carry-on bag only so will just have to do security and show my passport to someone from CBP.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not a problem. Philly's not that big an airport. It's a bit quirky when you're collecting your bags, but as a domestic pass-through from Chicago, you'll be fine.

You won't hit CBP. The airline will check for your passport at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

I believe you can use the shuttle to go to Terminal A without having to go through security again. 70 mins is plenty of time for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I believe you can use the shuttle to go to Terminal A without having to go through security again. 70 mins is plenty of time for that.

Is there a change of terminal involved? Thought that all AA flights might be in and out of the same terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You won't hit CBP. The airline will check for your passport at the gate.

But the airline can't clock me out - the old system was that they pulled the piece of paper from your passport and sent it off to immigration and that was accepted as proof that you left the country . Nowadays there's just a stamp in your passport so how do CBP know that I left the country if one of their people doesn't check my passport at some stage in departures? Pretty sure that the last time I flew home from the US (2011), a CBP agent in JFK checked my passport and clocked me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's all done electronically. If you board the international flight, the info is sent to USCBP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

coylemj wrote: »

Is there a change of terminal involved? Thought that all AA flights might be in and out of the same terminal.

No, see below from this link https://www.phl.org/Pages/Airline-Information.aspx

Your flight could actually arrive at B,C,D or E, depending on whether it's AA or American Eagle, but the International flights all go from A West.

[font=NimbusSans, Tahoma, Geneva, Verdana, sans-serif]Int'l. and Caribbean flights operate at Terminal A-West. American Airlines Int'l. flights arrive at A-West. Passengers arriving on domestic flights at A-West who are not connecting to other flights must pick up their bags at A-East bag claim.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

tight but doable provided your incoming flight is on time. International flights begin boarding about an hour before departure so go straight to your departure gate on arrival.

Advertisement