Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Pay Sign Up Problem

Options
  • 09-08-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

We switched to Electric Ireland in March with the intention of signing up for Pre-Pay Gas. I rang the Pre-pay department , who have given me an address to send the Landlord's letter of consent to get the meter installed. 

Every time we have sent the letter, it is not received in the department. We've rang plenty of times and sent the letter twice. Is there a way of you receiving it by e-mail?

Can you help resolve this please?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Finneces,

We are sorry to read this.

What postal address have you sent the letter to? Are the details such as the full property address and the GPRN number on the letter? The landlord will also need to confirm on the letter that he is aware of the charges involved in installing and removing the Pay As You Go gas meter.

If you would prefer to send an email, the email address for our Customer Service Department is service@electricireland.ie.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Finneces

Hi Aoife,

The postal address we were given is Electric Ireland, PO Box 841, South City Delivery Office, Cork.

The full property address is on the letter, the landlord is the County Council which have written they have no objection to this and this is the first we are hearing that we need a GPRN number on the letter.

I can e-mail the above e-mail address, but the last time it took 14 days for a reply and I had to contact them twice before they replied.

Thanks,

Hi Finneces,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Did you receive an automated email in response to your intial email? There is normally a turnaround of a number of working days to get a response. A delay of 14 days would be very unusual. It is possible that the email had to be transferred to a different department. We do have a number of email addresses. Can you remember what address you emailed?

If you would prefer, you can contact us by private message on Twitter or Facebook with a screenshot of the letter, and we can pass it to the Pay As You Go gas department on your behalf.

We would ask that you also provide us with the following information on Facebook or Twitter when you send your message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Any queries that we recieve go into a queue, but a member of the team will respond as soon as they can.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Finneces

Hi Finneces,

Did you receive an automated email in response to your intial email? There is normally a turnaround of a number of working days to get a response. A delay of 14 days would be very unusual. It is possible that the email had to be transferred to a different department. We do have a number of email addresses. Can you remember what address you emailed?

If you would prefer, you can contact us by private message on Twitter or Facebook with a screenshot of the letter, and we can pass it to the Pay As You Go gas department on your behalf.

We would ask that you also provide us with the following information on Facebook or Twitter when you send your message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

[*]

Any queries that we recieve go into a queue, but a member of the team will respond as soon as they can.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    [*]
    Hi Aoife,

I sent it to sales@electricireland.ie first and was forwarded to payg@electricireland.ie, before I finally got a response from service@electricireland.ie after 2 weeks.

I've sent in the a scan of the letter to service@electricireland.ie yesterday morning. I'll also send it as a facebook message too.

Thanks for your help,

Hi Finneces,

We do not have access to the email department, but we will look into your query once we receive the message on Facebook.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement