Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTRA

• 09-08-2016 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys!

I'm a student in 2nd year of Business Studies. Failed two modules during the year so couldn't enter the INTRA process after Xmas. I just completed the repeats successfully (I hope!) and just trying to decide whether INTRA is a good option? Anyone who has completed it got any experiences to share? Really interested in what they are paying usually? And if maybe it would be a better option to just take a year out and get my own work experience? Or to just go into final year and get it over with?
    Love to hear your opinions and experiences. Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Mark_G

Just coming to the end of my time in Intra now and have to say it really is worth it.

The pay depends on the place. In general though, you'll be on anything from 380 per week and up. I know some who earn a lot more but most are between 380-420 per week.

I wouldn't try and get my own work experience, the amount of jobs on offer through Intra makes it a lot easier to get a full time job rather than getting it yourself. You can always keep looking outside of Intra as well as going through it's process too.

I know someone who skipped Intra, went straight into final year and missed out on a masters. With experience they'd have found it a lot easier to get a job once graduated but without it its a struggle as so many others coming looking for the same jobs have a years experience under their belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BlackStreet

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thank you for your opinion. Your information has helped me and I've just organised a meeting with an Intra coordinator to discuss the process.
    Just wondering if the jobs are challenging or if it's just making coffee, running errands, etc? Also, how hard did you find it to get a job and did you get a job that you really wanted or did you have to settle for a less desired job?
    Anyone else who would like to share their INTRA experiences or give any advice regarding it I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Mark_G

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thank you for your opinion. Your information has helped me and I've just organised a meeting with an Intra coordinator to discuss the process.
    Just wondering if the jobs are challenging or if it's just making coffee, running errands, etc? Also, how hard did you find it to get a job and did you get a job that you really wanted or did you have to settle for a less desired job?
    Anyone else who would like to share their INTRA experiences or give any advice regarding it I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks!

Ah it really varies from place to place but generally speaking its a mixture of tedious work just to keep you busy and then work that'll challenge you also. Don't think anyone I know had to do stuff like that, i.e. run errands and get coffee.

Well to be honest we were told to apply for all the jobs and just take what interviews we can but I wouldn't really advice doing that. The job I got isn't what I wanted, we were just applying for what ever popped up but on the other hand, friends of mine hardly applied for any and struggled finding a job at all. There is loads of jobs and I didn't personally find it too bad getting one but there will be a stage where you will be bundling college work and interviews which, if they aren't on campus, can be fairly time consuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 Monaco1989

Can't speak from a Business Studies point of view but I just finished my final year in Computer Applications. Did my INTRA during the 2nd semester of 3rd year right up until the start of 4th year. The pay was good, think I came home with about €1500 a month.

The industry experience is what makes it great though. Great to have on the CV and from my perspective I walked straight into a full-time permanent job in the same company in June just gone. (I know a DCU Business grad with a similar story).

Advertisement