Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best roamimg rates US/Canada - PAYG

Options
  • 09-08-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Pay as you go question....

Who is the best provider for roaming charges for USA/CANADA ? - If I bring my phone with me who should I sign up to before I go ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭xlogo

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

xlogo wrote: »
    Pay as you go question....

Who is the best provider for roaming charges for USA/CANADA ? - If I bring my phone with me who should I sign up to before I go ?

Buy a sim in the US or Canada. It will be vastly cheaper

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well Lycamobile offers free call and text roaming in the US:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-sim-card

However data roaming is very expensive as it is with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

In the US, I normally get an AT&T pre-paid SIM. They have some decent packages. Works out cheaper than roaming rates, especially for data.

Just make sure your phone is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Vodafone red is reasonable value at 2.99 /day for
    Endless calls home and within this country
    Endless texts home and within this country.
    Plus 200MB of data

and it works in both US and Canada.

ATT could work out nearly that, their daily package would be $2.98 if you used data and calls in the US (this also include texts to Ireland, but not calls).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Paulw wrote: »
    In the US, I normally get an AT&T pre-paid SIM. They have some decent packages. Works out cheaper than roaming rates, especially for data.

Just make sure your phone is unlocked.

I also do this, $20 credit last time I was over and it lasted me the 3 weeks, calls and data (mostly data)

Advertisement