Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever deteriorating service

Options
  • 09-08-2016 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I have been an Eir customer since I moved to my current address over 6 years ago. Back then I was getting a poor, but bearable, and stable 3.5Mb/s downstream. It has slowly been decreasing ever since. My current sync rate is 2Mb/s, and, if you look at the attached images, you can see that the overall quality has deteriorated massively in the last 4 months. What is going on? I have had to accept that I have been left behind by the fibre rollout, but to add insult to injury... the crappy connection I am stuck with gets crappier by the day, and to make things worse, you are raising your prices.

Please look into this. I have examined my options and I simply have none, so I am stuck with you.

I have had engineers out, and they tell me my line has a maximum possible data rate of 6Mb/s. I am entirely sick of having the same conversation with technical support every time I call - yes, I have rebooted/reset my router - no, I have not changed the wiring in my house.

Data Rate

chart_1470768296.png

Web Request Failures

chart_1470768380.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gerryk wrote: »
    I have been an Eir customer since I moved to my current address over 6 years ago. Back then I was getting a poor, but bearable, and stable 3.5Mb/s downstream. It has slowly been decreasing ever since. My current sync rate is 2Mb/s, and, if you look at the attached images, you can see that the overall quality has deteriorated massively in the last 4 months. What is going on? I have had to accept that I have been left behind by the fibre rollout, but to add insult to injury... the crappy connection I am stuck with gets crappier by the day, and to make things worse, you are raising your prices.

Please look into this. I have examined my options and I simply have none, so I am stuck with you.

I have had engineers out, and they tell me my line has a maximum possible data rate of 6Mb/s. I am entirely sick of having the same conversation with technical support every time I call - yes, I have rebooted/reset my router - no, I have not changed the wiring in my house.

Data Rate

chart_1470768296.png

Web Request Failures

chart_1470768380.png
    Hi gerryk,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I'm so sorry to hear this and can understand your frustration with this.
    I would recommend contacting our technical support team and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Hi Pamela..
    I have contacted the tech support team on many occasions, and their procedures are as follows:

1. do the usual reboot, reset, line-test routine.
    2. Request an engineer.

This procedure has happened multiple times, and  as you can see, over the last year (and the years prior) the service has steadily gotten worse and worse. I have no faith in the ability, or to be honest, the empowerment of the tech support team to resolve my problem. If you can point me at an escalation path, I would be glad to take it, but right now, I am not going to go through L1 support again. They are no help (through no fault of their own).

Also, you have no idea how frustrating and annoying it is to see customers being offered 1Gb/s ftth when I can't seem to get a stable 2Mb/s, and I am charged a comparable rate for this and I have no options for alternative service providers. You say you understand, and I believe you think you do, but I doubt you really do.

Also, I want to point out that in the last 2 years, FTTC cabinets have been provisioned near where I live, one of which serves a population of about 40 houses, where the road I live on has 130+ houses.

Hi Pamela...
    Do you have anything further for me? As I have said, tech support has not done anything to improve my situation in over 2 years. In fact, their solution has generally tended to be reducing my sync speed, so I am reluctant to contact them any more. What other options are open to me?

Hi Eir reps...
    I am still waiting to hear back. At this stage, I have no option but Eir, and since you have no problem billing me pretty substantial prices for what can be charitably called a substandard service, I will persist until I get a solution for my issue.

BTW, I have spoken informally to 7 or 8 other people where I live, and all report a drastic deterioration in overall service of late. Little bit of free diagnostic service there.
    Regards
    Gerry

Hi Eir reps...
    I am still waiting to hear back. At this stage, I have no option but Eir, and since you have no problem billing me pretty substantial prices for what can be charitably called a substandard service, I will persist until I get a solution for my issue.

BTW, I have spoken informally to 7 or 8 other people where I live, and all report a drastic deterioration in overall service of late. Little bit of free diagnostic service there.
    Regards
    Gerry
    Bump in the hope of a reply

• Advertisement

Hi Eir reps...

Regards
    Gerry
    Apologies for the delayed response gerryk.
    I can follow up on logged issues from here however I'm afraid I am unable to troubleshoot this from here and all issues would need to be troubleshooted via the relevant team.
    Again apologies I cannot assist you with this further from here.

-Pamela 

Hi Eir reps...

Regards
    Gerry
    I can follow up on logged issues from here however I'm afraid I am unable to troubleshoot this from here and all issues would need to be troubleshooted via the relevant team.

-Pamela 
    So if I call technical support again, how do you propose I address the situation so that I don't end up performing the same 'diagnostic' procedures I have done numerous times, and wasting the time of yet another engineer in another fruitless visit? It has been demonstrated to my satisfaction that my line is capable of at least 3.5Mb/s, but the troubleshooting processes available to technical support seem to end at 'downgrade my sync rate'. If it keeps going like this, I will have a stable connection alright, but it will be incapable of carrying any data.

Hi Eir reps...

Regards
    Gerry

-Pamela 
    So if I call technical support again, how do you propose I address the situation so that I don't end up performing the same 'diagnostic' procedures I have done numerous times, and wasting the time of yet another engineer in another fruitless visit? It has been demonstrated to my satisfaction that my line is capable of at least 3.5Mb/s, but the troubleshooting processes available to technical support seem to end at 'downgrade my sync rate'. If it keeps going like this, I will have a stable connection alright, but it will be incapable of carrying any data.
     [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting the technical team [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]gerryk,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]troubleshooting and logging this issue. As soon as you have done this please don’t hesitate to get back to me and I will liaise with the technical team in relation to this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

Advertisement