If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bookshelf Speakers

Options
  • 09-08-2016 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Lads,
    I bougt a CA Topaz AM10 off you late last year and im listening with old Monitor Audio BR2 speakers on a desktop set up. Im not listening at high volume (about 45-50 on weird CA -db scale) and mainly listen to jazz and electronica. I want to upgrade from the BR2 and really get an improvement in soundstage as BR2 can sound muddy. What would you recommend as a decent upgrade with my max budget being around 600. 

I built my own stands (IKEA hack) so speakers are 80cm apart and about 10cm from rear wall. I have them toed in really far to try to imrove sound!!

thanks
    Ray

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Reamonnt wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    I bougt a CA Topaz AM10 off you late last year and im listening with old Monitor Audio BR2 speakers on a desktop set up. Im not listening at high volume (about 45-50 on weird CA -db scale) and mainly listen to jazz and electronica. I want to upgrade from the BR2 and really get an improvement in soundstage as BR2 can sound muddy. What would you recommend as a decent upgrade with my max budget being around 600. 

I built my own stands (IKEA hack) so speakers are 80cm apart and about 10cm from rear wall. I have them toed in really far to try to imrove sound!!

thanks
    Ray
    Hi Ray.

Thanks for coming back to us.

For an upgrade on the Bronze range from Monitor Audio you should look at the Silver 1's.
    Much more detailed and refined sound compared to the BR's of old.

Currently priced at £499.00 (Really tempted to buy a pair of these myself).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12562-silver-one-walnut.aspx

If you want to go all out and upgrade the amp as well I could offer you the silver 1's and a Yamaha AS301 for £625
    AS301:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200898-as301.aspx

Let me know what you think.
    Any questions drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.