Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking App, Bluetooth and Location

Options
  • 12-08-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

When I upgraded the Banking App on Android I was informed that it wanted access to my Bluetooth. There is no option to deny access to my Bluetooth connections.

In your privacy statement it says this:
    Push notifications are messages that mobile apps send to your mobile device to improve your interaction and experience with us. You may receive notifications about services, offers and product information based on your location and your preferences. Upon download or upgrade of the mobile banking app. You can decline either or both of these permissions. To get the most out of your notifications you can turn on bluetooth. You can control your push notification, location and Bluetooth and settings directly on your mobile device. 

Can you explain how the Banking app uses Bluetooth?

Can I use the Mobile app without it accessing my Bluetooth devicees?

The app also requires access to my location. If I disable this permission, the app will not start. Can I use the app without disclosing my location?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement