Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50kmph zone Caherea School Kilrush Road

• 09-08-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Is this speed limit a local joke? You're travelling along a 100kmph zone on the Kilrush Road. There's a sign before the school on the Kilrush side showing bends for 1000m. Just as you drive into the first of the bends there's a small 50 kmph sign on the side of the road. Then there's another. I thought you couldn't drop the speed limit so significantly on a main road without prior notices and traffic calming measures? Nobody seems to pay attention in any case.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The school isn't even in the 50km zone. It's pure madness. Apparently a lot were caught a few weeks back when the signs first went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

Ian Lynch Kilrush Area councillor posted July 17th on his FB page that it was for roadworks. Speed Van supposedly there the first day catching people.

"**Ennis Road Speed limit**
    There have been several post in relation to speed limit change on the ennis road, 50khp signs have been erected around Cahera School, this was done under a managers work order where the speed limit is temporarily reduced for safety reasons during road works. Works will commence in the coming weeks and additional signage will be erected which will further highlight the speed limit and direct drivers safely through the works area"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

So the road works haven't even started and they're giving people penalty points

No wonder people are so cynical about speed enforcement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Travel that road regular thought i was dreaming the first time I passed them on the straight approaching the bends. Ridiculous you go from 100 to 50 and the only warning is a small speed sign.

Advertisement