Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid account / invalid card ( urgent )

Options
  • 09-08-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm in Germany and I can't withdraw money. When I try to withdraw money a message saying that my card is invalid. I tried in different atms and I received the same message. Could anyone help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

R.CAAS wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in Germany and I can't withdraw money. When I try to withdraw money a message saying that my card is invalid. I tried in different atms and I received the same message. Could anyone help me?
    Good Morning R.CAAS, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty in using your card. There are many reasons for this, firstly have you placed a travel notice on your account? If you have not done so you can do this through your Online Service Desk by selecting 'Credit Card Travel Notification' this option can also take instruction for debit cards-please include your 16 digit card number in this message. 

A second reason that ATMs do not allow customers to withdraw money can be you are attempting an amount which is too large, please make sure you are attempting no more than E500.00 in 24 hours. Your card could also be damaged, can you try use this card in a shop to ensure the chip is not damaged? It is also worth trying to use this at ATMs which are in a major bank. ATMs in smaller shops or independently run ATMs will sometimes not accept cards which are from foreign banks. 

If none of these options have worked for you, you will need to speak to a rep on BOI Direct on 0818365365 (0035314044000 from a German phone) Option 2 then 4. 

Sorry to hear this, and if we can help in any other way please let us know, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 R.CAAS

Hello,

Firstly, thank you so much for answered my question. 

I have not noticed my travel by site, so I did it today after read your answer.

Thank you again!

Advertisement