Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating systems knowledge??

Options
  • 09-08-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Sorry I know this has been asked before but.....
    My 2 bed council house has no heating system in it at all. I'm putiting a new system in and I want to know what is best?/ cheapest running cost? Bills?

Gas from the mains system?
    Or
    Installing an electric (dimplex or similar modern electric heating system) system?

This question was asked before but people answered talking about electric heaters you plug in or storage heaters. Not these others new electric heaters.
    I'm lost and would really appreciate the help as I'm just about to pull and trigger and spend lots of money(for me).
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

Insulation is good. More Insulation is better. More and more insulation is best.

Sorry for sounding rude, but its not possible to give a simple answer here.
    Long term running cost is what its about.

I think most folk would spend their money differently, if given a second chance to redo heating system, given the long term costs. Energy prices will always rise.
    You have a golden opportunity here, research "passive house" heating requirements.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It will cost far more to heat a house electrically than by gas.

Advertisement