Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclocross

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If it was my money I would take the boardman

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

Boardman. Great bike for the money. Get additional 10% off if you have or know anyone with AXA insurance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Never knew you could get that wide a gear range on a 1x11 setup, very similar range to a 2x11 compact on 11/32 albeit gappier. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Planet X, purely for the paint job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

<not knowing anything about cyclocross>you're not doing cyclocross right unless you get the paintjob covered in mud anyway.</not knowing anything about cyclocross>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

colm18 wrote: »

Also 1kg lighter FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Might I suggest http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-bikes-energie-cyclo-x-bike-2016/rp-prod134321

That's what I got last year and raced all through winter. Use it as a commuter the rest of the time. Fantastic bike

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

scott.s wrote: »
    Might I suggest http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-bikes-energie-cyclo-x-bike-2016/rp-prod134321

That's what I got last year and raced all through winter. Use it as a commuter the rest of the time. Fantastic bike

is it normal to have a single ring crankset in CX?

what should one look out for in a good CX bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

smacl wrote: »
    colm18 wrote: »

Also 1kg lighter FWIW

Thats the only downside of the boardmann. Lighter the better for CX

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

It seems to be that most are going for single ring. The gear ratio in single ring is more than enough for a CX race.

These are the main points i would be looking at in the CX bike
    1. Weight
    2. Single ring
    3. Carbon frame
    4. Disc brakes

• Advertisement

I saw the vitus. Looks good but dont have my size.

What weight does yours come in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

It was the old fashion, then 2x came in, now 1x is back. Sensible cassette sizes, Clutch Derailleurs and NarrowWide chain rings are making it possible.
    It's less chance of wrecking a front mech and there should be less muck build up in there two.

Wheels that can be converted to Tubeless.

Advertisement