Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Application- Foreign credit check

• 09-08-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi

I completed an AIB online mortgage application which has been provisionally approved. It has asked for a foreign credit check as I confirmed I lived abroad before. Which was Australia for 2 years, for a working holiday visa over 5 years ago. No issue getting this as I literally only had a bank account there, which I closed properly when I left. But the hassle!

Anyone any experience with this?

I didn't have this as a requirement for any other banks. Also I had been thinking of going through a broker initially and when he provided me with the requirements, he advised KBC or AIB based on rates, and never mentioned this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

If it is over 5 years ago, I would speak to someone directly and explain this to them, foreign credit checks over the last couple of years yes, but 5 years is very long time to go back to look for a credit report from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EZ26

Hi, just curious to know if you sorted it out?

They are asking me the same and it's the only bank doing this, I'm seriously thinking to switch

Advertisement