Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't sign in on my xbox live account on my Xbox 360

Options
  • 09-08-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

It keeps asking me to enter in my email address and password and then comes up saying
    Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later.
    Code: 80151015
    What's going on?
    My email and password work fine on outlook.com and it won't work on my 360.
    I've been using this gamertag for years with no problems.
    Is xbox live effed up again or is it just me?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quinnd6 wrote: »
    It keeps asking me to enter in my email address and password and then comes up saying
    Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later.
    Code: 80151015
    What's going on?
    My email and password work fine on outlook.com and it won't work on my 360.
    I've been using this gamertag for years with no problems.
    Is xbox live effed up again or is it just me?

That sounds like issues with Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I had to delete, download my profile and clear the cache.
    That seems to have fixed it.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I had to delete, download my profile and clear the cache.
    That seems to have fixed it.

2 questions, are you in the pre-view program for the 360 dash? and do you have a Vodafone broadband? Or is it just a case you didn't log in for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

2 questions, are you in the pre-view program for the 360 dash? and do you have a Vodafone broadband? Or is it just a case you didn't log in for a while?

I'm curious as to why you mention Vodafone Broadband, I have been with them for a long time with little to no problems with the internet and I also use a TP Link plug to expand it to the attic

I'm curious as to why you mention Vodafone Broadband, I have been with them for a long time with little to no problems with the internet and I also use a TP Link plug to expand it to the attic

For us something changed with them recently enough , haven't bothered to look into it yet, but they have us on a different IP range and there are .... I wont say frequent but occasional DNS issues.

I had similar issues with profiles on the 360 too, other stuff like NAT slipping to strict and needing a router reboot every 2 weeks like clockwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have had my NAT go Strict since putting in the new plugs but I did the whole process of getting them Open again easier than before, was a different guide and all of the ports that were opened was still there, obviously cause the router hasn't changed just the plugs.
    I don't think my IP range has changed, I actually check it every couple of days and take a note of all the IPs that are logged on the router as being connected to it so haven't noticed anything there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For us something changed with them recently enough , haven't bothered to look into it yet, but they have us on a different IP range and there are .... I wont say frequent but occasional DNS issues.

I had similar issues with profiles on the 360 too, other stuff like NAT slipping to strict and needing a router reboot every 2 weeks like clockwork.

Maybe they've switched you to IPv6?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nathanq

Hi,
    Try:Solution 1: Update your security information

Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    Select Security & privacy.
    Select More security settings, and then make sure your security information is correct and up to date.
    Try to sign in to your account again.
    For more information, see Update all of your Microsoft account security information.

If you still can’t sign in, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Delete your profile, redownload it and clear your cache

To resolve this issue, delete your profile and download it again. Then clear your cache and restart the console.

Step 1: Delete your profile

Go to settings and select System Settings.
    Select Storage.
    If you don’t connect any external storage devices to your console, select Hard Drive. If you do use external storage, select All Devices.
    Select Profiles.

Advertisement