Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student accomodation grove

• 10-08-2016 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all .
    I'll be renting in grove student accomodation and I'm just wondering of anyone could let me know about all their rules etc. As I can't find them on their website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 luna_

Hi there,
    I lived in Grove for 3 years. There aren't really any rules; basically the way it works is there's a reception/security office at the front door (they're really nice btw) but no one's coming around checking up on you the way they do in UCD.

The only rules we do have are that the side gates are locked after 8.30pm (not a big deal, just means you can only go back into Grove through the front entrance). This is usually so security can stop huge groups coming in for after sessions etc. Like you can bring your friends over but not half the pub (or anyone they know is trouble :P)

You can generally have whoever you want stay over for as long as you want, they don't care (a friend of mine literally almost lives on our couch). The exception to this is during Rag week - no one is allowed into Grove who doesn't live there and they break up parties fairly quick.

Generally parties are getting shut down at around 11 these days (we seem to get away with after sessions going on til like 8am for some reason) but so long as ye're not on the balcony and don't have the windows open you're grand, it's the noise they care about like.

Anyway I def wouldn't be worrying about rules, Grove is such a good place to live - if there's good weather in Sep you'll probably see groups of people hanging out drinking on the grass in the middle of Grove. It's a really friendly place and you'll probably get to know loads of people there. We don't have as many parties as we used to but maybe that's not a bad thing! If you want to know anything else just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thegoldenpony

Hi, do you know if grove has mixed gender accommodation for first years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 luna_

They do, usually on the form you can choose whether you want mixed or not. They try to accommodate these things but it doesn't always work out. If you've booked it already you can ring them up and ask who you're living with. My house was 2 lads and 2 girls in 1st and 2nd year since we all requested mixed.

Advertisement