Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Certification Exams. Standard language?

Options
  • 10-08-2016 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi Folks.

I'm currently living abroad in Germany and have been granted funding by the local employment authority to take training in Microsoft technologies such as Server 2012, Exchange and SQL etc.

I already have a strong IT background but only have certs from Apple having worked there in the past. For better or worse, most of the world speaks 'micrsoft', thus I feel that getting trained up will help me find work.

I speak German reasonably well as this point, but i've noticed that all the official exam prep guides are all in Engish (e.g 'Exam Ref 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1 (MCSA)') when I look on amazon.de

Can I conclude from this that the official exams will also be in English?

This would certainly give me an advantage.

Even when I look at the page https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/learning/on-demand-online-courses.aspx which talks about the virtues of MS Certifications through german, the actual video is in English. This may not prove anything, but it seems to suggest a pattern.

I hope I'm right.

Would be glad if anybody here could weight in with their experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have only ever been offered the exams in English and Chinese when booking. I suspect these are the only languages offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭galwayguy85

Thanks for writing back.

If that really is the case, I think I'll take my chances with English. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

L1011 wrote: »
    I have only ever been offered the exams in English and Chinese when booking

Which one did you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Which one did you pick?

We only did Japanese in school as goes East Asian languages and even then I didn't do very well :pac:

Advertisement