Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to renovate

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Ok guys I know there are a lot of variables , I am currently about to get some quotes but would like to have some idea of what to expect.

We have a semi d(circa 1000sqm), work planned as follows

1. attic conversion to create a dbl bedroom and change box room into a dressing room for herself.

2. replace sliding door to garden with French doors

3. New boiler and get walls pumped for insulation

4. currently have kitchen/diner with French doors to sitting room, plan to knock wall or part off to create open plan look. This would also involve tiling downstairs completely and new kitchen

5. replace sliding door to garden with French doors.

If anyone has done similar or has any advice on the above I would really appreciate it, would we need any professionals on board for such a job other than main contractor.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

1. 15/20k subject to fire rating of means of escape
    2. 2/5k depending on quality and materials
    3. 3/5k
    4. 5k knock wall allowing for steel and eng sign off, 2/3k tilling, 7/20k kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Thanks for that BryanF, in your opinion is there any need for other professionals other than main contractor to be involved, I see you mention eng in relation to wall

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

seamie78 wrote: »
    Thanks for that BryanF, in your opinion is there any need for other professionals other than main contractor to be involved, I see you mention eng in relation to wall

Yes

required for compliance with Part A, part B, part K, part L amongst
    Other sections of the technical guidance documents

Advertisement